Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The "Dash" between The Dates

I attended the funeral of my very last great-uncle.  He is the last of the generation on both of my parent's sides. 

He lived a full, rich, vibrant life.  He was the life of the party, he loved the Lord, his grandson wrote a beautiful letter of eulogy to him, and truly, truly.... is there anything more precious than a life well lived?

Randell Drake officiated his funeral, (and though he will forever be "Randy" to me) he brought us so much comfort with his words. 

As he spoke today, I envisioned the homecoming waiting for me, when I finally take my last breath on this earth.... so MANY people I loved have gone home, and for me, what a day of beautiful homecoming it will be. 

My dad, waiting there with Laynie.  My grandma and grandpa standing there with big ole smiles on their faces..... and my Austin...no doubt jacking with Junior, who is there with them today.

I do not fear death, whatsoever.   I know my future, I know my Jesus, I know my hope.

Can you say that?

Do you have a relationship with Jesus?  Do you count on Him and lean on Him, and have a fluid, ongoing relationship?

If I didn't have that relationship, there is NO WAY I could do what I am doing now. 

I drove up today, BEAUTIFUL DAY outside and my mamas in the houses across the street were outside visiting with a million kids running at their feet.  I drove in, walked in the house and closed the garage door.   I WAS FULLY INTENDING to go out the front door and go out and talk to them, and they LET ME HAVE IT, because you DO NOT disrepect the mamas in the yard by driving by....and to prove the point, a mom drove up, put it in park, walked to the yard and proceeded to talk us up. 

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE.   The parent support, the crazy, dorky kids......it all works. 

Kristan, my across the street neighbor, is about to burst with her second bio baby.  She will be delivering by c-section on Monday.   Not only has she got one other kid of her own, she has like 6 more (boys and 1 baby girl) she has adopted with her even crazier husband, Drew.  I told her in her baby shower card, that I am the "Baby Whisperer" and she is so lucky she has me across the street, because she better be having me on speed dial to come over and help her, because that is MY JAM. 

Besides the TWO NEW KIDS I am getting Monday should be good and fitting in by WED of next week when she gets home.  :)

Yep, 2 more.  A boy 8 years and a girl, 7 years.  They are Blindian, which will go great with my lil Blasians. 

Siblings.  Be in prayer.

So, that's what I'm doing with my dash.  It's full of community, and laughter, and kids and heartache, and honesty and weirdness and seriously, I don't think I would want it any other way.

I adore these folks out here, and I am sincerely, truly part of a community of weirdos, JUST LIKE ME.

I Am Loving My Dash.

Love Your dash.  Don't sprint with laser focus to the next thing coming without regard for the day you are in.

Be thankful in all things.  SLOW DOWN.  REALLY BREATHE  .... 

and......

Be thankful in the Dash.


No comments:

Post a Comment