Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, January 26, 2018

Over Here Just Living the Dream

I tell you what.

I remember Pastor Craig's sermon about when you are trying to do the right thing, how the enemy will do EVERYTHING in his power to seek out and destroy your intentions.

Predictable resistance. 

I'm in the middle of a crap storm full of it. 

First of all, I know WITHOUT a shadow of a DOUBT I am suppose to be here.  Every door opened, my heart is in it, it's all good.

THE ONLY and I repeat ONLY thing that gave me heartburn about moving, was leaving my mom.  The stubborn turd will not budge from her little nest in Norman, and no amount of wheedling, cajoling and downright meanness is going to move her.  And it's not like I moved her over there and abandoned her, but man the enemy knows my heart and is using everything to make me feel like crap.

First off, she got sick.  Not a tiny bit sick, but a full blown sick as a mule, sick.   Then she fell.  Then her eardrum burst.   Then her heart had arrhythmia.  This all couldn't happen during the 10 years we were neighbors....it all had to happen the WEEK I moved an hour away.

So there's that. 

Then my job is at it's all time slowest E V E R.  No sales AT ALL.  Anywhere.  Everything fell through like dominos this month.

But I had to come to terms with my financial situation A LONG time ago..  (feast or famine) and I know, I know, I know that God will provide our needs.  I  KNOW and believe.   (In showing me, he sent me a new fridge and a friend that bought our groceries)  It's just humbling to see.  So even in saying all that.....I will NOT worry.

But that devil. 

If that's not enough, he's attacking my newest kid.  She's been in his pocket for her whole life.  No boundaries, no rules, no adults telling her what to do, her just running her own little one woman show.

So imagine my surprise, when after driving the boys to Norman for various doc appointments, and scheduling Annie a dental appointment so CLOSE, that the whole morning had me cursing my scheduling technique, feeling pretty happy I had a whole 3 minutes to spare getting Annie and heading her to dentist, when in talking with the counselor and setting an appointment to talk with her next week about the newest princess and her learning prowess, the secretary gives me the "side eye" and says, "Oh I believe your kid is the one that was in the "infraction" this morning." 

Oh, really.

Well, three minutes clearly isn't going to be enough time for this. 

My phone buzzes in my hand AT THAT VERY SECOND with a phone call from the vice principal.

Seems like my perfect angel called a big bully a f'ing fatty, and didn't take his crap.  Made him cry.  Teacher told her it was the first time anyone has stood up to him, but ........geez......did it have to be you, shortcake?

So, 3 days in school suspension later....we are heading to dentist. 

Now I'm sitting in the car with my Juvenile Delinquent, who is chatting me up, thinking she has missed a bullet?

I'm pretty sure, she didn't know what hit her.  This mama ain't playing.

No one puts me in the principal's office.

Ever. 

So, we have a new understanding, and a new respect for rules.  And choices.   And what it's going to take to hang with the vietnamese and their mama. 

I was cleaning the kitchen after supper, and Steven saw me in there and I guess I looked like I had to shoot my best horse, because he came up and said, with his arms open wide,  "Bring it in Lolly, get you some Asian love" and proceeded to hug the crap out of me. 

You win, You lose. 

I guess upside is it took 5 whole days before we got in school suspension.

I guess upside is there wasn't any blood shed. 

I guess upside is she's still here this evening. 

Hurting people hurt people.   It's a lesson I know. 

Bring it, babycakes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment