Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, January 29, 2018

Sometimes you gotta cry "uncle"

After the debacle that was Friday, it was very quiet at the ranch on the weekend.  Princess was on house arrest, and that didn't set well with her.

Attitude worsened over the weekend, compounded with multiple lies and various drama episodes.

Come to find out, everything I blogged about last time was total fodder.  Total made up fodder.  I found out the real reason for in school suspension, and seriously, it made me so sick, I'm not even going to share it. 

I'm not going to lie, last night I was about to pack all our stuff and move straight back to Norman.

But, with the advent of a new day, and a quick call to the caseworker, things are going to turn around.

After much consideration, "Annie" is leaving our care.

Some kids are too wounded, too hardened, too far gone to receive care.  I remember the kid's big sister and remember how she had "seen the world" and no amount of care or help would sway her to change her ways.

Same sad scenario here.

So tonight, we are sitting in the house, her stuff packed, waiting on her social worker to get here to take her to her next destination.

Praying she will find peace somewhere.

I have three vietnamese children that carry my name, that are my top priority, and an entire ranch of kids that come first in my mind.  When the ecosystem goes to tilting, it's time to find out what has changed to cause the tilt. 

Yeah, I watched the Magic School Bus with Deaton on Saturday and that was the message.

I'm cool that way.

So, I'm at peace, the kids are at peace, and hopefully this little girl will find the peace she is seeking.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm ready to roll.

God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment