Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, January 19, 2018

Blessings that Overflow

I got child #7 today.

She's pretty cool.

She is 13 yrs old.   Street smart as HECK.  And white as the driven snow.

When I asked the caseworker what race she was, she replied, "White?!"  to my, "Ooh, I don't know if I can handle a white girl."

She stared at me for about 4.5 seconds and just bust out laughing.

"Didn't you raise like 3 of them??" 

Oh, yeah.

So, they are in the front room.  I think all sitting on the couch together.  Bundled up in blankets, scrolling through Netflix, arguing over movies.

She was only supposed to come over and see if she liked us.

10 minutes in, on the drive home, she said, "I think I'm going to want to stay"... I'm all (shaking inside),  "Cool."   (I'm such the wordsmith)

I told her, "Let's go home and see how you like it".

10 minutes after meeting the kids,  "Do you think you could call my caseworker and have her bring me the rest of my stuff?"

Sure, hot stuff.   Life's about to be a WHOLE lot different for you.

We are pumped.

But let's back up to earlier in the day.

I have a friend from HS that heads a foundation and he's been following me for awhile.  He emailed me a bit back and said,  "Send me a list of some things you need".   I put some serious thought into it, and said,  "Like lamps and stuff?"    His reply,  "Seriously, what do you need?"

So today I shot off an email with a wish list of three items.  All different prices, different levels, so he could choose ONE.

I told him that I knew zero crap about riding lawnmowers, but I was pretty sure I was going to have to have one, because this yard is freak big.  Then I told him about my 15 year old crap refrigerator, and how Lowe's has them 30% off now.  Lastly, I threw out a play set in the backyard for the kids in the lower region of $, because I'm all about the "Budget" in this house.

About 15 minutes after he received the email, he gives me a call and proceeds to tell me to head to 
Lowe's and get a fridge and a mower, and that he will send me a walmart gift card for the other things.

Well slap my face and call me Shirley.

I told him I DIDN"T ASK FOR THREE THINGS TO GET THREE THINGS and he was all nonchalant, "Well that's why you are getting them".

WHAT? ! THE! ? WHAT ! ?  A HUGE, overwhelming and FALL ON THE FLOOR thank you to Bill Junk at the United Methodist Foundation for this beyond amazing gift.  Methodists have just taken a lead as my most favorite church.  :)

So, that happened today.

God.

Never.

Fails.

Ever.

Thankful for my squad.  Your prayers and faith in me, make all this stuff possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment