Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Ranch Happenings

Kids have started Guthrie schools.

I do believe they are the only Asian children in the school system, due to all the other kids mistaking them for

-Indian  (hmmm)  or even better
-Mexican.  (do what?)

Gina thinks it's funny and Steven wants to change his name to Jose Jackson and just roll with it.

Anyhoo, we are adapting.  I still haven't slept a full night's sleep because of all my anxiety (self induced, for sure).   Sales at work, would be nice this month (very slow in coming, but I have 8 more selling days and one good one can change the tide) and when I sell my house, I won't have double bills and that will be nice.

But mainly, I'm praying and anticipating my new kids.

We are having our first overnight guest this weekend to let HER  (A GIRL, WHAT?) decide if we will work for her.  :)

I've been praying for this little girl since before Christmas.  I didn't have a bed and in the middle of the move, I didn't want to disrupt her apple cart anymore than it already was, so she is coming on Friday and spending the weekend.  If we pass her test, she will probably just be here with us, until it's time for her next chapter.

Since I can't call her by her real name, I'm going to call her "Annie" not that's she's an Orphan, but I just like it because of Anne with an E on Netflix.  :)    I'm weird that way...because "Lovely and LB and BB" are forever taken.

So I would ask for prayers....mainly for me to have some good sales by the end of the month, and that Annie could see herself hanging out with us, and learning, with time, that childhood should be a sacred, magical time, and that she finds some of that magic, here on the ranch with me and my mexican vietnamese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment