Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, May 14, 2012

What I love about Hallie

This kid is so funny.  She won't brush her teeth or fix her hair yet, but her heart is so big, it almost doesn't fit in her body.

She kind of hatched this Foster thing.  She's been talking for awhile that "Lacey has Kip.  Chaurley has Sammi. Corey has Jeremy.  Even Allie has Braden.  I've got no one."

I've been explaining to her how these kids probably aren't going to be in great moods and all spiffy wiffy when they roll in....  and she doesn't care.   "They just need a friend, mom".

We were surveying the second bedroom the other day and figuring out where furniture would go, and she decided, "I need to give up my room, it's bigger.  We could get more beds in there".   To my "How many kids do you think we need??"   "I don't know mom, how ever many need us.".

Wow.  I was a selfish beast at 13.  Truth be known, I was a selfish beast until like last year.  And here she is, giving up her room.

I hatched a good one.  I hatched three good ones.  Thank God for my daughters.  They are a treasure.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post. That Hallie is quite a girl! Love that kid. Can't wait to meet the new Fosters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were never a selfish beast, silly girl!! Where do you think your beautiful girls learned it from?? From their beautiful, loving, giving mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Hallie is amazing but then she has an amazing mother. You've done good with your girls, Laura, your heart should burst wide open. Lots of love in your house. Even 13 year old love:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This almost made me cry. What a heart she has. I agree they learned from you sweet lolly!

    ReplyDelete