Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Guatemalan Tears and Hope

Kip's squad has hit Central America this month, as they work into their 9th month.  They are spread out in 3 groups in Guatamala.   The men have gone one place (MANistry) and the woman have split into two groups and are working in different locales (WOMANisty).

It's been pretty quiet this month.  Not many pictures, not a ton of tweets, just a few pics here and there.


Of course I loved this one.  I can see Kip's eyes smiling and I just want to squeeze that little sweet peaches she is loving.  


And this pic of the "MEN" working hard cracked me up.  Every single guys face, their expressions their arms, their joy (NICK, with the arms, Francis holding his nose LOL), this is a world race classic.  


Then this past week, stuff starts showing up on pages, and blogs start coming on their pages... and I sat at work yesterday, reading and looking at this stuff, and just cried on and off all day.   I love doing that at work.  Makes them doubt my abilities as a salesperson.

This squad has been to the Phillipines, China, South Africa, Mozambique, Swaziland, Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia.  They have shared stories that made me laugh, made me cringe, and made me hurt.

But yesterday I cried.

"I'm waiting for God to show up in this place" ....  "It doesn't feel like God is here" ..... "I know HE can make miracles happen".

What these wonderfully loving awesome Children of God don't understand, is that in some of those places, they are GOD showing up.  They are His light, and His feet, and His HANDS.   They've gathered all this knowledge and wisdom and selfless attitude throughout the months of the race, where His presence was felt, and they've travelled into a place where there isn't much Christianity, so THEY are being the light.

Makes me so proud, makes me so humbled, to be able to watch these racers grow and be present for these lost souls.

Take time and read and watch these links I am sharing.  It is well worth the read, and you will need a kleenex for most of them.

Charlene's Blog   - Char is on Kip's team and is working with Kip and I believe 6 others at the Casa Jackson for Malnourished Children.   Kip had shared with me about the 12 year old, and my heart was broken.  Char's been working with him, and I loved her words.

Amanda's Blog -  Dada (as she is known) is the other women's team in Kip's circle that is working at the saddest place I have heard of.  Kip called it a "retirement" home, and I envisioned shuffleboard, cards, dominoes and naps.  No.  It's the last stop before you die.  These girls are magnificent....read this story.

Christin's Blog - Chrin is one of the squad leaders, and she is normally traveling the globe keeping up with all the teams.  So this month, she is parked in Antigua, working at the home with Dada.   Her words, and pictures, brought it all home for me.  Get a kleenex.

AND FROM THE GUYS....

Dusty's blog -  Dusty is one of the most faithful guy writers on the squad.  I can count on him to post pics, write blogs, talk to me on Facebook, make my daughter a cowboy hat out of a computer case for their hoe-down in Romania.  He is the man.   He also needs a haircut like no other.  He and a couple of other guys on the squad are on a quest to go 11in11 without shaving or haircuts.  They are starting to look like wildebeests.  Or bigfoot.   It's kind of a toss up.

Matt's video -  This is Matt's take on the Dump ministry and I loved his video.  I also loved the one immediately after it... Missionaries on their day off video, which made me laugh, and remember why I didn't have sons.  (Heart attacks)  He is a genius with video.

Chris' website -  I highly recommend just following Chris because he has the best photos I have ever seen (besides Kip's and I am prejudiced) and I love his heart.  He's been separated from Dada the last two weeks, and I'm thinking he is ready to get back to his bff.  Peruse through his entire site, it's worth the look.

and last but certainly NOT least is this....

Jessica's blog - this is a FUN blog and I loved her perspective ...  also she is a killer photographer and has chronicled the journey through a "Picture (s) a day" ..  just wander through her blog too... it is amazing.

What an experience, what a ride, what fun for all of us to share in these young people's journey.  I, know, I am forever changed with the words and the stories they share.

2 1/2 more months and the journey will end............but the memories will never be over.  For us, or all the people you touched on your world race.

God is good.....all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment