Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whirling thoughts

I have so much swimming in my head, I'm not sure where this will go, or if I will be able to wrangle into one single thought.

We are talking about Godly men at church.  It's almost Valentines Day (excuse me, Singles Awareness Day), and  Whitney Houston has died.

How in the cat hair of america can I make sense of all of those three things???

Godly men.  I know they are out there.  I see scads of them at church with their families, loving their wives and children.  I know they exist.   The man I thought God had sent to me, just asked another woman to marry him.. because you see... it wasn't that he didn't want to get married...he just didn't want to marry me.  I've come to terms with it, since it's been a couple of years, and in knee jerk fashion, I immediately wondered what was wrong with me, what shortcoming I have....and it always comes back, in the small voice of God in my head..... "The plans I have for you are perfect, and that wasn't part of the plan."   So, I congratulate him in my head, look onward and upward, and move on.


Whitney Houston is the perfect example of losing sight of God, and letting the world take her over.  She started as a wide eyed beauty... I'll never forget her singing that first time I saw her, and I was just taken away  by her grace and beauty.  And her love of God was so evident.   Then the world, stepped in and she was blinded from her walk with God, and finally, in the tragic end, lost her life.   What a cost.

It's so easy to get blinded and sidetracked by worldly things.  So. Very. Easy.

I told you, I didn't really have a point to this, except just to vent... I don't understand why things happen.  Grandbabies are taken from you, your kids get sick or hooked on drugs, your spouses cheat on you, you lose your job.... I don't understand this world.  The only thing that I understand, and PRAISE GOD THAT I DO, is God NEVER leaves my side.

Take the world, but give me Jesus.  He is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment