Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, February 24, 2012

Self doubt

It occurred to me, as I was reviewing my life, as I am apt to do on Fridays, that I don't have much to show for myself.

The masterpieces of my life, are my girls, and they, of course, are magnificent.  Thankfully my progeny surpassed anything I have been able to do in my life.

Now I'm not looking for "att-a-girl"'s.. I am just stating fact.

I don't have a job that is fancy.

I have debt out my wazoo.

I live next door to my mom.  (which has its perks)

I haven't had a date in almost 2 years.

My yard is  a worn out, weeded out mess, compared to what it used to be.

I ache more days than I don't.

My memory is iffy, at very very best.

But, even in spite of all this ridiculousness, I know that I am God's girl and my life is magnificent.

Sometimes I just lose sight of that, in my lack of accomplishments.

Thank the Lord, my God is bigger than any self doubt I have.  No wonder I used to make so many ridiculous mistakes... for when I had this self-doubt, I attempted to fill the void with the worldly crap that doesn't work. All that did was cause me to get my heart broke, and a whole closet full of shoes I never wear.  

Only through Him, and Him alone, I am made new.

Oh, Glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment