Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spreading the Hope

We were invited to come to our dear friends, Mark and Vickie Rogers, home church in White Oak, Texas and speak to their congregation about Laynie.  Mark has been wanting us to do this for a year, and we finally made the 6 hour drive down there and shared this weekend, and boy, am I glad we did. 

As much as I LOVE to tell Laynie's story (and trust me, I do a great job telling it, Not boasting, just sayin', cause it's my ABSOLUTE favorite story to tell), Lacey is just precious.  What she took from Laynie's life is so amazing, and such a force.  There is no denying God's hand.  No. Denying.  

Lacey stood up in front of that welcoming congregation and shared her heart.  And they received it, and walked away blessed. 

Hallie and I sang and shared the song "Blessings" by Laura Story, because the words wrap our journey up perfectly.   We have a slideshow of pictures of Laynie we showed while we sang, and we will figure out a way to combine the two, and I will share it, when we get that together, because it is just precious, too.

Mark and Vickie go WAY back in our lives.  Vickie lived with Carl and I, way back when Lacey was "Fohr" (said in Boston language that she spoke in when she was 4 years old), and Kip was just a baby.  Mark was her boyfriend, who, because they were 19, were joined at the hip.  It's so amazing to me that they are still loving and supportive as ever 22 years later.  Makes me very happy. 




They both shared with me at different times while we were there, the secret to their long union.  "God is #1 in our marriage.  I don't like <him> <her> every single day, and on those days when I don't, I love God.  And my commitment that I made before God, with <him> <her>, and my love for GOD, carries me through, until I love <him> <her> again.  And the powerful thing to all of this is knowing that <he> <she> feels the exact same way, and they won't forsake me ever, because they love God as much as I do".   WOW.  When you think you can marry someone that doesn't share your same beliefs and the marriage be compatible and stable, re-think that.  Having someone that loves God as much as you do is vital.  Pretty much LOVE 101 here.  This from the Single Lady at 50.  still learning.  and receiving learning. 

Anyway, Lacey is amazing.  Her message of Hope is so transparent.  You can see her heart when she speaks.  "There is NOTHING you can't overcome with God.  There is NOTHING bigger than God".  It's hard to understand that, when you are in the middle of the storm, but God can carry you through ANYTHING.   Just ask Him to do it. 


My girl can do ANYTHING through Christ that strengthens her.....  She is a light and a force.


SOOO, I loved our road trip.  We took one way down and another way back.  We just meandered whichever way we thought looked right and when I started feeling shaky on directions, Lacey whipped out the old Iphone and got me back on path.  Even through dirt roads.  We. are. slightly. amazing. 

Who needs a speaker and some singers?  We cannot help but speak of what we have seen and heard.  And you WILL be blessed. 

God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment