Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Thoughts



I looked over at Lacey tonight during the Christmas service, and we just smiled at each other, because we "Get It".  She "Got It" long before I did, and probably spent quite a few prayers on hoping her mom would "Get it".

GOD is WITH US.    WITH US.   and there is NOTHING that can separate us from Him.

Five years ago, I would have told you I am a CHRIST BELIEVER.  and I was.  I did my 2 hours at church every week...listening, worshipping, and then serving (keeping babies)... and I believed I was a SOLD OUT JESUS Freak.

Phhhh.   I had head knowledge and no heart knowledge.  No relationship.  I did my time on Sunday, and I didn't even think one thought about Him until the next Saturday, when I figured out what I was going to wear. 

I gave the Lord Of ALL CREATION 2 whole hours a week. 

But God WAS WITH ME.  He was relentlessly pursuing me, waiting for me, never leaving, always present. 

Craig used some personal examples tonight at church about how God was There, and I think at Christmas, while I am so immersed in the birth of Jesus, I want to put this on a personal level, and hope that, like me, you can see God's hand so continuously on our lives.... You've been through this with me before, just bear with me and see what I am saying.....

GOD WAS THERE.....

When Lacey told me I was going to be a grandma.   He was our Joy.

GOD WAS THERE.....

When Lacey prayed a bold, lifechanging prayer at work, asking Him to make her Bold, and to take her out of her self-centeredness, and make her less selfish.   He was our Counselor.

GOD WAS THERE.....

When we got the news that Laynie wasn't going to be normal, and that Lacey should terminate immediately.
He was our Strength.

GOD WAS THERE........

When Laynie was born, looking so different from any other baby and defying her first odd, by being born.  He was our Deliverer.

GOD WAS THERE......

When the doctors delivered the news that she had no brain, was blind and deaf, and would have very little quality of life...and almost instantly the Lifechurch team was there, So passionately crying out to us to believe that GOD WAS bigger than THIS diagnosis, and that HE could DO ANYTHING.    He was our Healer

GOD WAS THERE.....

When we let hospice go after two weeks, because our baby was thriving, and defying odds over and over.   He was our LIFE GIVER.

GOD WAS THERE.....

As we watched her grow through her first year, and celebrated her First birthday.  He was our Savior.

GOD WAS THERE....

When I lost the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life and our families were torn apart.  He was my Comforter.

GOD WAS THERE.....

When Laynie became sick, and should never have survived.  We still had so much to learn.... He was our Truth. 

GOD WAS THERE....

As we shared our story, and thousands of people read her story, and began to pray for healing and comfort.  He was our Rock.

GOD WAS THERE......

As we watched her slowly get worse, and know that her days on this earth were numbered.   He was our Peace.

GOD WAS THERE.....

When 7 people were saved at her celebration of life, and all our worries of dying were erased, knowing that in death, we would see her again...   He was our Hope.

GOD WAS THERE......

As we see the path he has laid for us so clearly, and understand wholeheartedly that He is our LORD, our JEHOVAH, our STRENGTH, our PEACE, our DELIVERER.  He is the ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the END.   He is everlasting and HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU.

GOD IS WITH YOU.   HE abides with you, he is with you when you rise in the morning, and when you lay down at night, he is with you when you make your way to work, and eat your lunch, and do your laundry.  He is with you when you play with your kids, and grocery shop and go outside and get the mail.  HE IS WITH YOU...... every second.

Now the question......

ARE YOU WITH HIM?




You can't KNOW him and NOT love Him.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, My friend, you constantly amaze me, I have seen what you and the family have gone through, yet you love, live and make everyone around you love and live. God bless you and yours, I rarely see you but will never forget you. Love you much and wish you well. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete