Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3

The last few October 3 have kicked the Deaton's bootys.  In 2007, we found out about Laynie ..  in 2008, we found out Laynie's diagnosis of MVA, and knew that her lifespan was going to be short and a blessing, in 2009, she was starting to decline and we didn't even know it, in 2010, we had lost her, and I found myself looking at a new career.  

Through it all, God was there.

Through it all, our faith was growing.

Through it all, He never failed us.

When you are walking through the valleys, it is really hard to take heart that everything happens for a reason.  It's very hard to believe that anything beautiful will come from a dark place.  But God promises that He will bring you through it, if you will just give it to Him and LET him. 

I look at my life 4 years ago, and my life now, and they are two very different places.  Who I was and what I believed to be true is very different from the reality of where I am and who I am now.  God was there, in the distance, someone I prayed to at bedtime (when I remembered), and worshipped on Sunday (when I found time to go), and I was so superficial.  Materialism mattered.  Things mattered.  Appearances mattered. 

Then a tiny baby was born in our family and taught me that only the presence of God in your daily life matters. A true relationship with God.  Understanding that God and family is truly your best gift.  All the worldly crap can be gone in an instant.  Money is gone.  Things are gone.  Even some friendships are gone.   But God is always there.  And He can bring you peace that can't be explained.  

Praise God that He gave me the only thing that could change me.  A miracle that taught me, and many many others.  

Thank you God for the valleys of October 3rds, because through them, on our knees in surrender, do we finally, truly find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment