Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Must See TV- Tuesdays

I DVR most of my Tuesday shows.  I like them all, but there are Way too many freakin'  commercials  for me.  And there is nothing I love more in the whole wide world, is to dash through commercials.  Fast forward, push the button, presto...show back on.   Technology.  Yes, please.


There is one show that I simply cannot wait to watch, so I sit through commercials  (muted, thanks to Carl, who taught me that trick years ago) and wait for the show to resume...... and it is, of course,  a show that speaks volumes to me, for I was part of this group in High school, myself.....


The first season took a minute for me to get momentum, but once it did....oh my goodness.  It was just the most fabulous thing I have seen on tv, in a one hour comedy, for many years.  For one thing, singing and dancing is almost gone in the "tv show" world. (I'm not talking about reality tv)   And I, for one, am so glad, this one is here.   There are a few times, last season, that I actually squirmed, letting Hallie watch it, because of the sexual content.  Most of it flies over her head, and I wish to pete they could just keep it nice, but it is a beautiful show (all except Sue) that I love....what in the world will happen when these kids graduate this year??? Glee goes to college???  Sigh....I'm sure Ryan Murphy will figure out something....  here's this....

If you don't know Glee... it's about a bunch of nerdy high school kids that sing together in Glee... they face slushies, teen angst, mean teachers, teen pregnancy, popularity or the lack thereof, together.  I love it.  The sarcasm, the vulnerability these kids show, is just tv magic.  In this clip.. the glee club found out they were in a singing competition with the deaf kids school.  They invited them to come and practice on the stage before the competition, and watching these "nerd" kids come together and stand hand in hand with the deaf kids from the competing school, was a tv moment for me.  Enjoy this....


Mr. Schuester wasn't the only one with tears in his eyes, signing clapping.   So was I.  Pure magic. 

After Glee is over, the new show from FOX came on.....


I love Zooey.  She is zany and always plays such a freaky, fearless girl.  This is no different.  After being cheated on by her live in boyfriend, in an hilarious strip tease moment (I was rolling), she goes online to find somewhere to live.  Enter her three new male roommates.  Holy Cow.  I wasn't expecting much, as sitcoms usually disappoint me, but WOW.... this was comic genius.  She is hilarious as Jess, and her roommates, with their Douchebag comment JAR and Schmidt and his rock hard abs, just left me laughing.   Good for FOX, a funny 30 minute sitcom (sorry, raising hope, you were a dud in my book).   Try this one....you won't be disappointed.  (Side note:  I wish beyond all that is holy, that the writers could just steer away from the sexual content..  This weeks show was borderline, and the final scene left me cold, but I've got my fingers crossed that it gets better and sticks to the strong Jess...that's where the laughs are..not the stupid sex scenes)

I DVR this show every week, because between the suspense, ALL THE Commercials, and Alison just going on and on and on....plus the fact I feel guilty eating chips while they are all so busy working out, of course I am talking about......

No Jillian this season, but she's replaced with the perky Anna tennis player Porkeypolka.  (I am terrible with names)   They have it divided by age groups this season, and the old ones are dropping like flies.  That's Anna's team, so I don't blame her, I understand the 50 year old metabolism now, and it just ain't as easy as it used to be, exercising or not.  This show makes me cry every week.  Kudos to the editors to know how to pull those heartstrings.  It's awesome watching the transformations take place.  Lacey got to meet Danny Cahill (winner of Season 5 or 6, who remembers?) at a Children's Miracle Network event and he is just a great guy  (a nice skinny guy, too)


9 o'clock on Tuesday nights are a fighting match.  If I had to pick one show out of the three (I like them all, my dvr is on overdrive at 9 pm)  I'd choose, Hands down, and if you aren't watching, you totally should be watching.....

PARENTHOOD

This is a family I could be a part of... they are just as goofy and oddball as my own family, and I just love love love love love them.  The actors on this show are so believable and likeable, that I hope this show never ends.  It almost got canceled last year, because of it's terrible time slot, but thank the lucky charms that it made it over the chopping block.   I don't know what I would have done without knowing how Adam and Christine handle that new baby, and how Max with Asberger's handles his new sister... how Hattie and Alex get out of their teenage love mess....  if Julia and Joel are able to adopt a baby, and if Crosby ever gets Jasmine to quit hating on him for cheating with Max's life coach???   See the drama, the nearness of real life???    I adore the single mom, Sarah  (Lorelei Gilmore, back from the day) and her relationship with her two kids, it's just all a hot mess of wonderfulness.  They have such excellent timing on their line delivery, you really think you are watching through a peephole, a real family.   It is great tv.

I have loved Dana Delaney since China Beach.  (remember that gem?) I was very happy someone gave her a show.   After a shaky start last season, (it still drew me in), it has found some rhythm with quirky co-workers, and interesting cases.  Her mom and ex get on my nerves, but it's fun tv.  Gory factor is pretty high though....she is a medical examiner, and it's nothing to see her slice into a brain or kidney tissue.  Gag reflex:  high on this one.   DVR worthy for sure.

FAVORITE NEW SHOW on TUES
"Unforgettable"

Though I'm not going to marry it, because even it's title rings like no one is buying it  "Unforgettable".  It's way cool, though.  I love the guy from "Nip and Tuck" being her old boyfriend, and now her cop partner.  She has a super power brain that makes her remember every detail after she has seen it once  (reminds me of my mom when I was young) and total recall.  Sounds hokey, I agree, but the writers have made it much better than it sounds.  I hope it gains ground and makes it, but I don't see much hope with so much stiff competition all around it.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT  (for me)

I wasn't a big Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, but I like ole what's her face, and thought this had a cool twist.  After watching it two weeks, I'm still as confused as she is, being thrust in her sister's role, after her sister fakes her own death and flees to Paris, for who knows why??  I sure don't, and I like this kind of crap.  SOOO......  there ya go.

You will notice I totally pass on the NCIS's either one (no thanks) and 90210  (been there, done that in the 80's). 


Lolly's take on Tuesday.     Go set your dvr's...................



No comments:

Post a Comment