Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where's Your Seed??

I can honestly say that I am so thrilled to finally be to the New Testament in my quest to "READ MY BIBLE THROUGH IN A YEAR".  I have read bits and pieces my whole life, but have never commited to reading the whole thing. 

It's changed me.

I had always found a reason for not reading.  Too tired, too boring, too ...too.  Always an excuse...

Now after walking through the fire the past year and a half, I needed more than I had.  I needed something I couldn't find shopping in stores, looking online, watching  tv.  I needed a Savior. 

I found Him, in the pages of my new favorite book.  He's been patiently laying beside my book for years, waiting for me to take the reins and dig in.  I've started it 100 times, and never got much farther than Deuteronomy.  Too hard, too depressing.  I always found an excuse. 

This year, I had no excuses.  I had nothing, and I needed a Savior.  (I can't say it enough)

Now I'm in Mark, and I can't quit smiling over the sense it all makes.  And last night as I was pouring over Chapter 4 of Mark, I couldn't help but see my entire life in Jesus' parable that he taught to the people. 

The farmer went to plant some seed.   ....some seed fell on the footpath and the birds ate it.   This is the perfect example of my life before I had a relationship with Christ... I had some "church" thrown at me, but I didn't even hear it.... "the birds ate it".



Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock.  The plant sprang up quickly, but it soon wilted beneath the hot sun and died because the roots had no noursihment in the shallow soil.    This was me, when I was a new Christian.  I'd be pumped up with the best intention, and quickly get distracted because I had no knowledge of who I was in Christ, I had no foundation, no understanding, and people questioning "Ooh, you're a Christian now??" I didn't want to be different, WEIRD....


so i wilted



Other seed fell among thorns that shot up and choked out the tender blades so that it produced no grain.    This is the worse one for me, because here I was a christian, and it's so easy skip church (It's my only day off to see so and so..blah blah blah), to not read your bible (I don't get it anyway), to live beyond your means  (You only live once, right?), ..  fall right back into the trappings of an UnChristian life....



Still other seed fell on fertile soil and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted.  Praise God, I am finally HERE.. representing those who hear and accept God's message and produce a huge harvest.... and share the word. 


It goes on to say in about Chapter 24...  And be sure to pay attention to what you hear.  The more you do this, the more you will understand, and even more, besides.  To those who are OPEN to my teaching, more understanding will be given.  But to those who are not listening, even what they have will be taken away from them.

This was a hard lesson to learn for me.  How many times have we told our kids something and they NEVER LISTEN??  And you think to yourself.... "If those stinking hardheaded knuckleheads would JUST LISTEN TO ME!"   "I could save them from SO MUCH grief".      Hellooooooooo. 

Stressed?  Sad?  Disheartened?  Lonely?  Frustrated?  Discouraged?  Sick?   Defeated??  Get the answers from your FATHER who loves you and cares for you and HAS ALL THE ANSWERS.

Pick. Up. Your. Bible. 


Praise God, I'll never miss another day, and I've never had so much peace. 

My seed is planted in the fertile soil, and I will reap harvest of 30, 60, and even  a hundred times.  Where's your seed planted ?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment