Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, October 7, 2011

Must See TV- Wednesday

Everything gets recorded on Wednesday night, since this is my lifegroup night.  Most of this gets watched over the weekend, when I actually have a minute. 

But there are a couple that I have to squeeze in before I go to sleep, because they have to be honored on the day they come to be, because there will be much talk about them at work the next day..... and they are....

You know how I feel about sitcoms.  BIG OLE FAT WASTE OF 30 minutes..  except this one.  I laugh more in this 30 minutes than I do all day, sometimes.  The marvelous comic genius of the writers of this show and the incredible actors, just really make me laugh out loud in my bed, while I should be getting sleepy.   Some of Phil's stuff, and Cam and Mitchell, or the kids walking in on the parents, or Gloria's columbian rants..... all hollywood magic in a sitcom love package.  It's just fabulous tv. 
You had to see it, to appreciate it.  Mud magic.


Another sitcom treat, that I wasn't expecting is the other show I must watch before giving it up for the day...
Christina Applegate has charmed me since Married with Children.  It's not lost on me that my two favorite sitcoms star people in another 30 minute sitcom that had me at hello  (married with children).  She and Will Arnett are FANTASTIC as "Cool, party people" that find themselves parents.   It's irreverent, hysterical, and delicious.   I hope we get to see little pumpkin grow up.  And I don't mean the baby.  Give it a whirl...


My DVR is loaded with 

though with Coach back, my stomach feels a little sick, as he likes to wear only his unwashed baggy briefs and it makes things too jiggly for this weak stomach chica.   Sadly, survivor is falling to the bottom of the pile.  After,what, 200 seasons?? I may be hanging up my survivor hat...   Too many baggy underwear minutes for this single gal.


BUT THE BIGGEST TREAT AND WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.....
While many of my friends generally loathed Simon Cowell, I have always been impressed with a guy that speaks his mind.  Now, I don't always agree, but I think underneath that white tshirt (that isn't all that attractive) is a brilliant mind.  Though I generally skip the auditions parts of the reality shows (all the non talent wears me out), I watched this, because #1, Paula Abdul is so cool, and #2, Paula Abdul is such a big geek.   She could be me in a tiny little body.  She stands up to Simon, she flubs her lines, she claps her hands above her head like a big old weirdo, or even worse, the open hand clap right out in front of her.   I dig that chick.   And even better this year, I am friends with one of the contestant's mama, (Vickie Clem Hunt) ... Brennin Hunt...  gorgeous singer extradordinaire.  


Here's a pic of my bubba and Brennin's parents ..  You can see where he gets his looks! 

In this clip, they tried to make him come off looking like he was all about him, but HE SHOWED THEM!  So happy for his family....and a  Proud moment for Oklahoma.  GO BRENNIN! 



So it's going to be a fun season, with Brennin kicking booty on X factor.  Even though Nicole Swinginator migrated from another one of my favorite shows to this one....it should be good. 

I know some of you will say, what about The Middle? or Law and Order? or Criminal Minds?   Yawn.  No space on my dvr. 

I do like this new show though,  I hope it makes it, because it is rotten and creepy and wonderful.....
I can't see how it could last past a season, because the way she is blowing through the people she is ticked at, she will be the only character left on the show.....but I have loved little Rebecca from Brothers and Sisters since she debuted on that show, and it's nice to know that she moved to New York (in that show) only to reek havoc in the Hamptons on all those rich people that did her daddy wrong.  I've only seen a couple of weeks, but it was interesting and good acting and twisty curvy, just the way I like my tv shows.   So here's hoping for more people to get mad at, baby!   Cool show.

Until Thursday....keep those dvr's burning......



No comments:

Post a Comment