Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Loving until It Hurts

It overwhelmed me, as I was driving to work today, that I needed to go on a full out LOVEFEST.  I've been very busy at work, trying to get those ends to meet, and I've been very distracted.

I was overcome with the desire to reach out to the parentals of my fosters.  I haven't shown them any love, and probably a whole bunch more resentment, and I wanted to just do something to shower them with good tidings.

I called all the support people and told them my ideas.

Shot me right down out of the sky.

Seems we are back to denial mode, and the only place denial is good is that River somewhere in Egypt.

I've told these kids at least 100 times, "If you don't start telling the truth about everything, nothing is going to change".  Well, it seems like the parentals are content with the way things are and have been, which puts these kids in a dangerous situation.

If nothing is wrong, then why are they living with me?  They clearly don't see any wrongdoing on their parts and blame the system for their children being with me.

For.the.everloving.love.

I know people can truly 100% change.  Because I did.

But the difference was, I never didn't love God, and He tugged and pulled at me, and showed me His face in so many things.

And these parents are Buddhist and are probably only going to see a big fat man with no hair, sitting in the lotus position.  Not going to be much help there.

So.....I just keep living this crazy life, one day at a time.

And I'm going to do my best to love outrageously beyond myself, every chance I get.

Will you join me?


3 comments:

  1. We do seem to be sharing a common existence Laura! This "loving my oppressors" concept has weighed heavily on me for some days now. Regarding your biologicals, there are parallels between Buddhism and Christianity that are pretty simple. Kinds acts are rewarded. Unkind acts are not. How sad to live a life with only temporal rewards. How short sighted. They need prayer...and lots of it. What a loving thing that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I thought we were kindreds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greatest love is to love the unloveable. God gave his greatest gift to people who were not worthy. God's message can reach the hearts of unbelieving. It happens every day. Continue being a branch. Expect that not only will something good happen TO you, but something good will happen THROUGH you. Love is an action verb. Love you!

    ReplyDelete