Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, April 14, 2013

As the World Turns

Life is a soap opera. 

Pure and simple.

Injuries, sickness, drama, it's all encompassing.  There is usually something happening somewhere every second, and if there isn't, you need to hold on to your hat, because it's going to start shortly.

This weekend....

I have a training session looming over my head, which requires 20 pages of script to be memorized. 

I'm old.  I'm freak old.  And I have so much in my head, that memorization is nearly impossible for me. 

In fact, I dropped my college course this 8 weeks, because I really couldn't cram one other thing in.  And you know what happened?  OU rescinded my financial aid and charged me for my ENTIRE FIRST CLASS.   The whole point of financial aid is because you can't FREAK AFFORD IT.

I'm so ticked.  OU smacks.  Sorry OU fans, but they do.  I was given bad information from one department, and now the other department won't take responsibility, and they are trying to charge me $1500.  For ONE CLASS.   That is just ridiculous. 

So, my short lived college career is now over.  Not that it was going to help me go farther in life, it was just a bucket list thing, but MAN, that smacks. 

During all this, I'm trying to memorize.  Memorize, Memorize.  So much stress happening, I'm getting ulcers in my mouth.   Fun.

Then, I decide to take the lovelies with me to the next volleyball tournament because they've never been out of the state, and my cousins are there to help me and want to take them to the zoo.

Sounds great.  At the beginning of the week, Hallie jammed her fingers, and thought that was the worse thing that could ever happen to her.

OH SO WRONG.  During the huge volleyball tournament she took part in this weekend, she came down wrong on her ankle and tweaked her knee.  She kept playing, and by the time I got her to the trainer, after he manipulated it, and looked for the source, he decided it was the LCL (The lateral muscle on the outside) and he was hoping that it would only be hyper-extended.  Either way, it became a weekend of saran wrapped ice on her knee, and alot of hobbling, and limping.  And Hallie wasn't feeling good either.

Meanwhile, I was getting the sweetest pics from my cousins, of the happy faces of the lovelies at the Dallas Zoo riding the camel, and a text that read,  "BB has crapped a monkey.  I repeat, he has crapped a monkey".   I didn't feel by a minute of remorse for leaving this unpleasant task to the pediatric nurse whose care I had left him in.  As she fed him his 2nd bowl of beef and noodles, and third piece of pineapple (The little dude can EAT now), I told them,  "His poop is going to run you out of the house."   And I was right. 

They had the most fun time, and Lacey said they talked 3 hours straight on the ride home, reliving every second of the day, over and over.  Good Good times.   Thanks Shannon and Megan, for rocking their world to another planet.   (for the record, I think Shannon has been on a heating pad all day today, recovering from walking).  LOL

Kip is still looking for a job, Lacey is doing everything she can to finish her thesis, so she can graduate May 10! (woot)... and Hallie is hobbling around, telling me everything is ok, and I do pray that is so. 

Health scares through out our family, and OU socking it to me in a stupid, major way (How do they expect me to pay that??) and during all of this running and taking kids to tutoring, volleyball, counseling, doctor visits, school psychologists, hearing tests, feet doctors, and making sure all the balls stay in the air.... trying to memorize a script.

I'm over it. 

Through it all, God is there.  I start to hyperventilate over any of one of the million things that is going on in my life, and I just close my eyes and give it to him.  Then take it back, and worry some more, and then give it back.   He gets very tired of playing tug of war with worry with me.  He's probably over it too.

Just give it to Him.

I'll get the kids where they need to be everyday (And so will Lacey while I have to be gone this week, everyone pray big prayers for her, this is not a job for the weak of heart), Hallie's knee will be supernaturally healed, and somehow in America, I will figure out how to memorize this dang script.

Prayers are coveted during this soap opera kind of living time. 

I am so tired of living in the  "When I get that done"....or "I'll do that as soon as I get that done".... or "I can pay that tomorrow".  

If Laynie taught me anything it was not to live forward.  Live full out in the moment, and embrace every single thing as it is handed to you. 

For just a minute though, I'd like to not have quite so much handed to me. 

 
Through it all, God is good.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE bad-ass! I know this first hand! I also know that secretly you are thrilled to have such a full and wonderful life and that, truth be told, you wouldn't have it any other way. God blesses you with this full life. Personally, and I mean this in the kindest way, I think He keeps you busy to keep you out of trouble!! I LOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete