Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, April 8, 2013

Fly

There were two things that struck me in the face as I read through my homepage on Facebook today.

First ..... this......


And as I stared at this precious display of a beautiful wonderful homecoming, I was taken instantly back to these precious gifts....

 and how life has no time limit on how long our lives are going to be.  


All I could think of looking at the image of that little boy flying to heaven, free from his earthly shortcomings, how he was going to be free and whole in heaven, was our friend Payten Sutterfield, 3 years old at the time, declaring after her mommy told her that Laynie had died, being sad for just a moment, then smiling the biggest smile and declaring with 3 year old intensity,  "She's going to be so happy, mommy.  She's going to run and run and run."

Free from the earthly problems that plagued her, and even in that picture I could see Austin running toward Jesus and his heavenly home.   I found great comfort in the tears I wept as I remembered lives well lived.  


Then about the time I catch my breath from that, I run onto our friend, Trent and Keri Austin's facebook page, and they have shared a link to a song that just totally totally blew me away.  The only words that come to mind for this powerful song is "Anointed".  According to Trent, this guy was on the stage alone, and carried this song into worship.  He held me in his grip for the entire 8 minutes of the song.  It wasn't so much the pictures, or the images on the video, but the power and anointed grace of the man singing.

And on the heels of seeing that picture, and thinking about Laynie, Austin, and even Ellie Kate McLaughlin flying home to Jesus, it was a moment for me.  

But even more than that...how are you flying in your walk?  He wants, no, he longs for you.  This video set every bell whistling in me.  It's long, and it's repetitive and it might not work for some of you, but it worked for me.  When he sings about ground warfare, I didn't picture it like the video, I see me struggling to keep the lovelies, and in spite of all the odds, make this thing work.  I see the enemy working hard to take my joy, but then the video says... "New places.... New revelation....new perspective....... aerial view"....

When you get God, and you let Him take the reins of your life...He leads you to higher ground....it's still got bumps and twists, but it's ok, because now, you run to Him during those times, because He carries you through them..  That is the difference when you are Flying with God as your pilot.

"God has given you the air...now it's time to spread your wings and fly....."



"He has set you free from the things that held you..... Now..... Fly......."


HOW WILL YOU FLY?

1 comment:

  1. I always love what you write. God has certainly given your words wings. Love you!

    ReplyDelete