Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, July 20, 2012

Laynie Lessons: Living Unselfishly


I've been a pretty selfish person my whole life.  I like what I like, and I want what I want.  That is just the way I rolled.  


Then a tiny little sunshine angel popped into our lives, and all the sudden selfishness was not an option.  Babies tend to do that to you anyway, but, when you have a special needs baby, there really is no room for selfishness.  Anywhere.

I finally understood what life was like when you open your heart to different things.  And to different types of people.  And to letting GOD have you.  Completely and without question.  Just handing yourself over to God, and letting Him take the reins of life.  


It's very easy to be selfish.  It's "Your life" and "Your time" and "Your stuff".  I get it.  I totally get it.  But when life gets so overwhelming and nothing seems to be right anywhere you turn.... then maybe it's time to turn it over.... to someone that can take that selfishness away.


Because until you realize that life isn't about you and your stuff, it's about doing God and His stuff.  Then everything becomes less stressful and more simple.  

And life should be simple.


Life is a gift, and we get ONE shot at it.





No comments:

Post a Comment