Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, July 20, 2012

Fostering some Love

When I decided to step out of CASA and become a foster parent in May, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.  The first few classes freaked me out, to say the least.

Now, today, almost 3 months later, I found out I am a licensed therapeutic foster parent.  How 'bout them apples?

I am SO ready to get started with the deal.  Hallie is SOO ready to get started with this deal.  We are foster family ready.

I want to give you some sobering facts about foster kids.  When I started this adventure 3 months ago, there were 8200 kids in foster care.  Today there are over 9000.  Just today 10 more kids went into the overcrowded shelters in OKC.

I know there are PLENTY of wonderful people out there that have love and compassion to give.  These kids need love and compassion.  These kids need stability.  These kids need a LIFE with someone that can help them have one.

Let me ask you a hard question.... Can you help?  Why not?

Insane courage... That's all it takes.  And a whole bunch of love.

If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, I suggest you start with contacting Grant Johnson at SAFY.org.  His phone number is 405-818-3749 and he can tell you all about it.  Their website is www.safy.org  .   Check it out.

What is stopping you?  God calls us to take care of the widows and orphans.  HE CALLS US.

Be called, and make a difference in lives.  Make. A. Difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment