Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Laynie Lessons: Forgiveness

I have screwed up so many times in my life, I can't even count them.  I lived so out of the will of God for so long, that I had it in my mind that I was unforgiveable.  That there was NO WAY that God could ever love me and the problems and heartache that I brought on myself.

Boy was I wrong.

Imagine my surprise, when after years I wrote a precious person that I wronged terribly and asked her forgiveness.  She didn't even hesitate in saying, "I forgave you years ago."

Years ago.  I carried guilt and shame for years.  and years.  And my wronged person, had forgiven me.

That is truly God's love, speaking through her.  It's so easy to carry anger and animosity and build bitter resentments for past wrongs.  And when you start doing that, your life cup fills up with the wrong things.

Resentment, bitterness, shame, guilt, remorse, anger, sorrow.  And the cup overflows, and your heart is so heavy, there is no room for the fruits of the spirit.

Joy, Love, Peace, Righteousness, Goodness and Mercy.  Everything we all long for.

There is a wonderful line in this song that resonates with me, and every time I hear this song on the radio, I tear up ..


It'll clear the bitterness away
It can even set a prisoner free
There is no end to what it's power can do
So, let it go and be amazed
By what you see through eyes of grace
The prisoner that it really frees is you


Forgiveness..... take a listen....




I was already on the road to understanding "self-forgiveness" when Laynie arrived.  But being constantly in the word, and immersing myself in truly KNOWING Jesus Christ, was when I realized that the only thing standing in the way of a love relationship with HIM AND MYSELF, was my own self-loathing.  


Goes for you too.  NOTHING is too big or too ugly for God.  In fact, that's the ones he pursues and loves the hardest...the broken.


Thank you God for Forgiveness and Grace....because through these things in you.... I am made new.







1 comment:

  1. ...so true...and so often it's forgiving ourselves that becomes are largest hang up...but oh the feeling of freeing yourself!

    ReplyDelete