Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10, 2012 .. Wear Purple Day

I was dreading this day.  I think I just slept through it last year, and didn't really even think about it.  This year, however, Lacey had an idea.

"Let's have a WEAR PURPLE" day and post it on her page and see if anyone will do it, mom."

Ok.  Let's do it.



So we posted these on our facebook pages, and sat back and watched what happened. 

IT WAS AMAZING.

It started early this morning. Sweet posts, loving Lacey and loving me, and reminding Lacey how important and overwhelmingly awesome her decision about Laynie was.  And they just kept coming, and kept coming, and kept coming...on Laynie's page, on my page, on Lacey's page.   Outstanding.  

Check some of these out.... just precious...


1st picture in ... our friends from church, Sheree Cordray and her daughter Chandler.  Her husband, Landon, went to school with Lacey and has helped us with our Team Hope shirts every year.  If you need tshirts for your organizations or for ANY reason, Landon Cordray is your man.  Iron7 Screenprinting and Apparel (yes a shameless plug from Lolly)

Sliding in right behind her was Lacey's longtime school friend, Shelly Anderson Terry and her cute husband, Bryan..
Love men that are brave enough to wear purple....

Like these guys...

John Willeford and his little princess, Paisley

and Austin Greenhaw.  (swearing that his shirt is PURPLE, not blue)

This family came through for us.(as always)... The "SMITH" Family in all their beautifulness
Lauren..wearing her OU backpack on the way to school, and teasing her hubs that he totally wore purple briefs, but advised him NOT to take a picture and post it.  :)

And lovely Ashlee, who helps us out anytime she can, and is just an adorableness all by herself with the coolest wallpaper ever...I mean, really.

And the mama of the pack, unwilling to put her face in, but shows off her bling.  Peggy. :)

Speaking of bling....FOR.THE.LOVE. of DIAMOND RINGS...

Hello Krystal Watson Skeens.  Check out that massive rock ness monster.  Whoa.

And Linzy Hall's ADORABLE purple ring... how perfect was that for today?


And Missy Burrough (daughter of Mary Sykora Zuech) sent me this lovely..


AND
We reached a few countries.....

Japan, from Lacey's friend...Kristy Taylor

and from our precious Kip, in Panama....

and one of Kip's BFF's all the way in Australia!!

Megan Wilson
She said she only took a few tshirts with her, and this was one!!  Oh yeah.  Rocking it Down Under.



Keri in Canada sent me this lovely of her precious one...all decked out in perfect purple.

And my precious friend, Lisa DiPaola sent this all the way from Long Island, NY

Moving right along to people that are close as family....
I especially love this one, because Free Jordan was the only person in the world I would have entrusted Laynie to after she passed away, and Free came and got her and loved on her when we couldn't.  Free is very very very very special to our family, and I love her with all of my heart.  In fact, she is family.  End of story.  One of the very best funeral directors in the world.  And I know a bang load of Funeral directors.

Speaking of funeral directors... this gal cracked me up.

Sent me this picture first.


Which I totally loved....even though she totally slammed herself saying something about "Self Portraits".  At least her head is in hers.  I cut mine totally off in my self portraits.  

Then she quickly sent this one.

because she was determined to get the bracelet in there too.  Made a crack about the Geek Squad or something, being jealous of her talent.  Methinks she should stick to funeral directing.  She's really really good at that.  Amy Astle makes me giggle every single day.

More friends that are basically family sent me two fast ones this morning..

Cyndi Bracy from her bathroom, it seems...

Followed shortly from her mom, (my mom too) sister, Sara, and her daughter Holley (which happens to be grandma's name too)
totally love this family like they're mine.  Well they are.  SO never mind.

Speaking of children that I believe are mine....
Payten and Saylor Sutterfield win for just the dog-gone cutest picture ever.  
Love love love these little jewels.  Lolly's girls.  


Lacey's co-workers and friends made for some lovely pictures....


Lacey's posse from work, Linzy, Lacey, Nona and Kati.  


Miracle mom, and friend, Malena Trulson, in the picture with Lacey, and Jan Dunham.  I have to say, Lacey rocked her purple dress.  She looks ah-ah-ah-ah mazing.  (Jan and Malena look pretty good too)

Kelsey Jones (fellow miracle mom) and sister rocked some pretty purple today!  

Now this gal...

Funniest caption of the day came from my cousin, Nina Geschwind.  I kidded the stuffing out of her about the "Random parking lot" that she picked to take her picture.  She retorted that only for Laynie would she ever put a picture on Facebook, anyway.  Plus that she was a lonely old retired woman that had to ask random people in parking lots to take pictures of her.  My whole family rolled.  I think she got something crazy like 23 likes on her picture.  A fun family fact...she babysit Lacey for me when she was a newborn- 18 months.  Lacey belonged to Nina and just stayed with me on the weekends.  It's true.  Ask her.  

And Nina has the cutest little patootie grandson on the planet in Jaxon.  (ok, I love that name).  Check out his purple/white.  Thanks Karey, for putting him on the page.  Loved it!




This friend always shows up for our parties, be it garage sales, clothing donations, runs, or pictures on facebook.  Lisa Essary is a forever kind of friend.  And a big Laynie lover.  We dig that about her. 


In fact, I have a lot of Laynie lovers that I can always count on...for ANYTHING.

Amanda Blackwood. (she rocks my face off)


and her niece and nephews, kids of Josh and Jamie Cope..



Dr. Ashley Lanman.  She keeps our teeth in tiptop condition.  
And likes us all a little.  Almost as much as we love her.  

Wendy Groshong, and daughter, Jacelyn are from our Lifechurch in OKC, and we love and adore them in a special way, because Wendy gave Lacey so much encouragement right after we found out.  Wendy reminded Lacey over and over that "God was bigger than any diagnosis". 
Her faith and unwavering stance was instrumental in those early days.  
Love us some Wendy.



More church friends....

Taylor Boso..


Jaime Waldenville

Cissa Newberry and her sweet daughter..





We got a PLETHORA of cute kid pics....check them out...

Lily Alexander...daughter of Jennifer George Alexander

Brinlee Bartlett-  daughter of Jen Bartlett

Olivia and Tucker Davis-  kids of Julie Davis

Sydney Lucas-  Daughter of Sarah Lucas

Lanie Badger's grandbabies...

I adore, with sugar on top, this precious pic of Kera Don Skidmore and her son sporting their Laynie bracelets.  Just makes me all kinds of happy.


Sassy pants.. Avery Webster... daughter of Abby Webster..

Amber Hines and her little "Girl" that turned out to be a "Boy" Jackson.  LOVED this picture.


Pretty new to the planet, uber adorable Miss Saylor Aynes...daughter of Stephanie Aynes.



And these two princesses belong to Stacy Wakley...

And Sara Tedford and her purple crew..... love it!  North Dakota represent!!


Allie McLaughlin is sacked on her mom's VERY PG belly (and Team Hope tshirt)
daughter of Katy Kincannon McLaughlin



I especially love this picture, because this little dollop of sunshine is named after our Laynie.  Daughter of Samantha Burk Stiles, granddaughter of Susan Hunter Burk, they decided to spell her name like "Laynie" after reading about our little angel.  

What a blessing...her name lives on in this little beauty.


DO YOU SEE WHY WE WERE SMILING ALL OVER our FACES today??? We never stopped smiling all day.  What could have been a terrible day, was made full of rejoicing, from the loving outpouring of our friends and family.

Speaking of family....

Look who wore purple to work.  and sent a picture of himself to Lacey on her phone, and of course, I got hold of it, and had to put it on here...


Yep.  Daddio Deaton.  Rocking purple for his G-baby.

Speaking of wearing purple to work.....my friend Tami Mariano rallied her people at work to wear their purple scrubs, so Dr. Tracy Gasbarra's (in Choctaw) staff totally wore purple for our girl...


and small world, Alisha (in the pic) knows Lacey.  Small wonderful world.  :)

My friend, Mike Askins, wore his bracelet to work at KGFF radio, and maybe even talked a bit about our angel....




The Wall Family represented....Kelsey in Tulsa

 and Shelley's arm in Shawnee, along with her pup, Roxie's purple collar.  Representin the love.

Old friends are some of the best friends, and these girls go waaayyy back with me...

Meg Brownell

MaryJane Wasson Hughes and her beautiful look alike mini mi- Kelley Hughes...

And Brigid Wammack...I remember her as a 1st grader.  No lie.  

Cash, Katy, Audrey & Sarah Matthews..and several of 
Cash's people in Solomon Group, totally rocked purple today.  Jennifer Eskina knew about it (
(far right), but the others....divine working.  :)

And then, some people are so close as family, well, because
they just are family...

Crystal Jarvis.... everyone gave her a hard time because of her blue shirt (which really is purple) and because eveyone says she still looks 25.  I'd like to be given a hard time because I look 25.  Go ahead, I don't mind.


Last, but certainly not least is my mama, and Hallie.  My mom has been in a funk for the last few days.She's pretty much not come out of her pj's.  It's ok.  I like to have those kind of days too.But she saw all the pics of  purple representing our girl flying out all over facebook, she snapped out of it, and got herself up and fancified, grabbed Hallie and took one of my favorite pics of the day....check out her beautiful flower bed.  


To say Lacey and I are overwhelmed is just an understatement of vast proportion.  Lacey had wanted to make a collage of all the pictures that were on Laynie's wall...but seriously..as you can see, that would be the world's biggest collage.  Ever.  In the world.  

So, I blogged about it.  and Am overwhelmed with love.  

Thank you for loving our baby.  

Thank you for cheering our hearts today.

Thank you for telling her story and understanding that 
God's plan for you is perfect... 




































5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending my perfectly purple love to all, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wear the white "Hope" shirt yesterday in Laneys honor, but since I didn't go anywhere and didn't take a shower until later, I didn't take a picture. No one wanted to see that! Just wanted you to know I WAS thinking of you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, I wore my purple shirt to work and tried taking a picture of myself, but 1, I can't take self portraits cause I cut the top of my head off every time, and 2, with my PG belly, my face has decided to puff up like the Michelin Man...Just think if that's how many pictures you got, how many people wore purple for Laynie and didn't post them?? Your baby is loved by many :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing your precious baby with all of us - and your stories - and your hope and joy and peace in the Lord. It wakes us all up and reminds us how short all of our journey truly is! We love you so much! You guys are all such a blessing to others, you don't even know!!

    ReplyDelete