Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, January 3, 2014

Prayer Warrior

I am so honored when I get emails from friends to ask me to get my "Prayer WARRIORS" together and pray on a certain concern. 

I'm serious.

And I take your requests seriously too.  As I woke up every hour on the hour last night (in a snot filled, coughing haze, mind you), as I blew my nose, and chunked the kleenex to the trash can 5 feet away (and made most of them), I would immediately cover everyone in prayer.

I prayed for the health and limbs of the girls playing volleyball this weekend.  Prayers for humility for the winners, and encouragement for the ones that don't win.

I prayed for my friend, Stephanie, who is getting a biopsy of some weird stuff going on in her chest.  Ribs breaking randomly and shadows in the CT scan.  She has two small children and a precious husband, and they need her.  So I prayed and prayed for miraculous healing for her. 

I prayed for a beautiful lady I met at work.  She came in a few weeks ago to talk about what our role would be, if she doesn't make it through surgery today.  She was so brave, and matter of fact, and tears rolled down my cheeks talking to her, because she seemed fine....all but her bald spots in her hair.   She has teenagers, and a husband, and parents, and far too young to be facing this. 

I do not understand the randomness of sickness.  I do not understand how babies are born with genetic difficulties.  I do not understand how healthy, fit teenagers drown swimming in a lake they have swam in hundreds of times.  I do not understand how remarkable people get ALS.  All of these things I do not understand. 

What I do understand is that God knows what is up.  He created each and every one of us, we were born with an expiration date, and none of us know that date.  We all get caught up in the "Forever" promised in the movies, in our grandparents lives, in things we read. 

Some of us don't get that.  We don't get to experience those things.  My dad died at 60 years old.  He did not get to see his grandchildren grow into the incredible people they are.  He did not get to play golf into his golden years, as he had wanted to.   

I'm so glad I have God.  God is my rock when I need comfort.  When I wake up panicked in the middle of the night, my mind working so quickly I can't keep up.... I simply start to pray.  And He calms my worried thoughts.  He gives me peace.  He shows me that there is so much more than what is right here.

I remember a few years back, after a relationship I had thought was forever, ended, I was devastated.  I couldn't understand why, what I thought was exactly where I was supposed to be, was over.  It took me, literally, years to get over that.  If I'm truthful, I still struggle with it.  But, with hindsight, I see that it wasn't where God wanted me.  I would have NEVER been where I am now, spiritually, emotionally, relationally, if I had stayed in that relationship.  God needed me out of that, what I thought to be my LIFE, in order for me to do what HE had set out for me to do.  And I can not believe the peace and contentment I have.  And HE supplies every need for me.  In giving up what I wanted, and allowing what HE wanted (and trust me, I struggled and struggled with it), I have real happiness.   And I have people message me to pray for them, because they know I will.  And I have friends that will.  That would have NEVER happened if I had stayed on the course I was on.

Every single thing happens for a reason, even the painful stuff.  
 
Love God, Live full out in the moment you are in, Love others, and never take anything or anyone for granted.  And pray without ceasing.   It sure works for me.   


No comments:

Post a Comment