Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, January 9, 2014

And the Shoe Drops

I loathe court. 

Today was no different.

Last time we went, I was prepared for battle.  I expected some bombshell to drop and was prepared.  Today, not so much.  Nothing happened last time, so I didn't expect much to happen today.

You all know, the bios hired an attorney. 

Well, he's earning his money.

First, they were all late. 

Then, when they finally got there, they all arrived at the same time, but separately.  Weird.  The dad sat in the back of the courtroom, and mom in the front.  Their attorney waits for his turn, and says,

"Mom has filed for divorce, they are no longer living together".

6 or 9 or 12 months ago, that news would have sent me singing in the streets.  Today, I felt the blood rush from my face, and the room went swinging in twelve directions. 

WHAT?  GOD?  Now that my heart has adopted these children, and I already refer to them as the Jackson trio??   WHAT???  Now, in the eleventh hour the mother decides after almost two years of "I want them all, she will leave the father??"

PEACE, BE STILL.  BE STILL and KNOW that I AM GOD.

So, with that voice ringing in my ears, I decide to put on my Magnum PI and Sherlock Holmes and all the criminal tv shows I love and I'm going to follow them and see what the heck.  (And I wonder why BB is so great at saying, What the heck?).

They lost me in one block.  I got hung in the light and lost them.  My short lived career as an undercover detective was over before it started. 

The kids biggest fear has been that she will do exactly what she is doing.  Telling the court she will divorce him, with no intention whatsoever of doing that.   Surely to goodness, they will see through her.  The DA smiled at me, and rolled her eyes, and the kids attorney didn't even bat an eyelash.  The judge wasn't moved either, so I'm the only one that is freaking out. 

If anyone knows of a better Private Eye than Moi, I may be in the market for one if this looks like it might start going south. 

The kids aren't going back to that.  They've tasted the donut.  I've tasted the donut. 

They are the Jackson Trio. 

God is faithful, and He is good.   Prayers are welcome. 

(I've changed the pic on my blog for the time being, because the last thing in the world I want is to be in trouble for posting pics).  Trust me, it will blow up the minute they become legit.  Looks like longer than sooner.   For.the.love. 

Good things come to those who wait.  And I've got all the time in the world, baby.  Possession is 9/10th of the law, is it not?

4 comments:

  1. I will definetly continue praying for you. You have made these kids happier than they have ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong, mama! You are the the most God-loving, faithful servant I know and, without a doubt, I am certain He will not disappoint...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what, she divorces him and how's she going to provide for them? Doesn't that count somehow? I don't know the job situation, but if they were living in their car, I can't imagine how she could support them alone. We'll pray for the best outcome for the children, that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of one of my favorite men of God, Andrew Wommack, "You've Already Got It."

    ReplyDelete