Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy birthday Angel

Dearest Darlingest Angel,

It's hard for Lolly to believe that it's been 6 years since you were born.  SIX years.



I could say that in a perfect world, we'd be watching you head off to first grade, and quoting movie clips, singing with Aunt Hallie and dancing with your mom, and riding your bicycle like the wind.

Instead, we celebrate your day in praise of the time we were blessed to have you with us.  We learned patience, and unconditional love, unwavering faith, and finally, fully understand the meaning of "Hope".


You taught us that life is fleeting, and there are no guarantees, and you should wrap all your energy and love into every single day and never take one second of your life for granted. 




You taught your Lolly to fully trust in the Lord with all of my might and strength.  You also taught me that "Different' isn't bad, frightening or weird, it's just Different.   Normal is just a word, and we experienced a NEW, better normal that changed the course of our lives.  I cherish every single second our family spent in Holland.

We all carry your memory, and your story, and the things you taught us, with your miraculous life, to people every single day.   Sweet love, I still share your story to everyone I meet.  Your life mattered and changed people.







Here is the thing that I hold close to my heart.    You know you were totally loved.  You only felt love and knew only love from every single person that met you.  Never did you get a cross word, an angry feeling, nothing but pure, real, tender joy.  You, my little love, were totally cherished.  Every.single.day.of.your.life.

It leaves me in awe, through loving you so unconditionally, that I finally understood that God loves me that much.  He cherishes me as much as I cherish you.  I understand that because of you.


In your tiny perfection, (our own real live American Girl bitty baby) you changed so many lives.  I believe that you are still changing lives, and will continue for a long long time.


I miss you, sweet angel.  I miss your softness, your sweet, loud voice.  I miss your smiles and your fascination with your hands.  I miss your excitement when it was time for a bottle, or your yogurt.  I miss it all.   I miss watching your mommy love you.  Here's the wonderful part though, sweet angel.  Your mommy has found love again, with a man that loves her and you as much as we do.





And, I am sure, you will be a big sister in the next few years, and I assure you, NEVER will you be forgotten.  All of your sisters and brothers and cousins and 2nd cousins, and inlaws and outlaws will know your story, and know you.  I promise you that You are forever, and always my #1 granddaughter.




So, today, on the day of your miraculous birth,  I stop and thank God again for you.

Happy Birthday,  Lolly's girl.  You are so missed and so incredibly loved.



Until we see each other again,   All my love and then some,  
Forever Your Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment