Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, May 20, 2013

When Words aren't enough

I always dread May.  Not just because it's my birthday, but because it always seems to bring the most devastating tornadoes.

Yesterday was bad.  Everyone I love in Oklahoma was in the path yesterday.  It passed over without hurting anyone of those people, but Shawnee got hit hard, and homes were lost and it was tough.



Today was horrible.  It was so beautiful this morning, I had trouble wrapping my head around the fact that it could get bad.

Oh, it did.

I started rounding kids up about 2:00.  It took me 2 hours to get them all out of their schools and home.  During the course of getting LB, Norman sirens went off, and the school went into emergency lockdown.  With Hallie in the car, and us locked down in the school, I sort of went off on the office staff, who were harried, and freaked as I was.  I know most of them have children in other schools, and were panicked as well...

so I just can't imagine the schools in Moore, housing precious little souls, and the brave teachers that stood by them.  When the rescue and recovery changed status to the search and recovery, my heart broke in two. It's just more than I can even wrap my head around.


2 miles in diameter, 200 mph winds.  There wasn't much getting by this today.  

My only rant for this post is about the idiot news reporters.  I just can't believe they shoved microphones in faces of people that just lost everything they have.  I mean I was wanting to hear reports, but give me a break, report on the loss, don't talk to people in shock.  I was outraged for many people today.

All I know is that I'm sure Oklahoma stands behind me when I say that our hearts are collectively broken for all the lives lost today.


God be with all those affected by today's storms. 




No comments:

Post a Comment