Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom's Day

My heart is so full this evening. 


Earlier in the day from LB:

I mean if that doesn't hit ya right in the heart strings, I'm pretty sure you might not have a heart.  

I was still puzzling over the favorite memory of when I got him to stop lying (sweetest kid in the world, LYING?) when it hit me what he was talking about.

Coming clean about the abuse that was heaped on his precious little person.  He lied to protect, and once he finally was able to feel safe, and came clean on what had happened to him, he was a 9 year old again.  He's still an old soul, but now there are glimpses of kid in there, and that makes my heart happy.

Lacey graduated with honors from UCO Friday night.  She is a "Master" at her craft now.  She's always been a master at her craft, and now it's official.  She twirled that "Honors" rope around like she owned the dang thing, and YEP, she totally owned it.  

  
And it was super great to have Carl Deaton there.  He had gotten out of the hospital earlier in the day, after being admitted with his heart still in a whirl.  Finally got his meds straight, and I am happy to report that he is finally feeling back to his normal ornery self.   Continue praying for his ongoing healing and that the meds continue to work.  Tricky stuff, this heart crap. 


Hallie had her first foray into beach volleyball this weekend, taking 3 of her Middle school buddies with her to round out a 4 person team.  They called themselves the "Honey Badgers" and I have to tell you, yelling  "Go, Honey Badgers" was never said with a straight face.  I ended up calling them "HB" and those silly girls wound up in 3rd place.  Not too shabby for their first time out.  I'm really looking forward to having a lot of fun with beach volleyball this summer. Super duper fun.  (except for the whole sweating, menopausal thing)

Speaking of menopausal..... LOL...... I suffered ...er..... celebrated...through a birthday this week.  Yep, I turned 52.  Though I've gone on the leap year birthday system (only celebrating birthdays in a leap year, thus slowing down the cycle), I was forced to celebrate, because my manager Kristen, and friend Darlene, took me to breakfast, and lo and behold Lacey was there to celebrate with me.  They bought me cheetos, 7-11 gift card, and Eileen's cookies.... those chicks know me well.   Then Kip surprised me at work with flowers and I squealed like a stuck pig because this chick NEVER gets flowers and that was a BIG BIG deal.  I'm still loving them this weekend, and wow.... fantastic friends and a plethora of good wishes on my facebook page.   Makes me re-think the "leap year" system just to get those wishes!  :)


 Mother's day is always bittersweet, because one of the greatest mom's I know has her precious little sunshine in heaven now.... it's just my time to honor her....  my precious eldest daughter.... Lacey....





You know....life is a gift.  You get one chance to get it right.  I may be stressed, and old, and cranky half the time, but then all the sudden out of no where, you get a card from a 9 year old that loves you more than cookies.  You get birthday wishes from people you don't even think know you.... you are reminded of your precious grandbaby at the most perfect times....and your children are your biggest joy.

Life is a gift, and God Is Good. 


1 comment:

  1. You had me at "Dear Lolly"! Wow, and then I sniffled all the way through the rest. Really, really nice. Happy Mother's Day to my dearest friend and best mom! Love you muchly!

    ReplyDelete