Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Scandal of Grace

Dameon has been singing this song at church the last few weeks, and WOW do I love it.



I long to live these lyrics..... it's my greatest goal.   "Oh to be like you"

Today, while at Uncle GE's funeral....I was so unprepared to view firsthand his decline in his final days.  He had been through hell his last few weeks.  It's just overwhelming to me.  I was heartbroken and so sad, and then the preacher reminded us, that while his broken, worn body was still here, he was alive and in perfect condition in heaven.

Immediate peace.   We are only given that peace through God's grace.  We are only given that hope through Jesus's  spilled blood for us.  I wish I could impress on all I come in contact with that we are only given one chance to get it right in this life.   It took me many years to understand that to be in God's presence, I have to give my whole life, heart and being over to him NOW, and live as close to HIS will for my life as I can.  It's not easy, it doesn't make sense to the world (WHY OH WHY do you have kids and HOW LONG will you have them??? is often repeated every day).... but HIS will for your life, is the only way to heaven.  The path to heaven is narrow....are you on that path???

OH TO BE LIKE YOU!!  The cross has taught me to live..... I know that your strength is enough...the scandal of GRACE, YOU DIED IN PLACE, so MY SOUL WILL LIVE!  

I WILL GIVE ALL I HAVE just to KNOW you....Jesus there is NO ONE besides you...FOREVER the hope in my heart.

Watch the video again, and let it resonate it through your soul.

It's ALL because OF YOU, Jesus.   IT"S ALL because of your love..that my soul will live.....

OH TO BE like you.

I'm on FIRE, and It's a fire that will never stop...because it's a fire to have you all there with me.  Don't waste your life..... not one more second.  It's time to live for the reason we are here in the first place.  For HIM.  For his will.

That's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment