Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dear Little Bald Headed Baby,

I visited your grave today.  I was having a hard day, and just needed to come spend some time with you.


As I was wandering through Hobby Lobby to find you some new flowers, a little bald headed angel with purple wings caught my eye, and I knew it was supposed to be yours.

I think the hardest thing for me after you died, Layniebug, was not being able to buy you anymore stuff. As your grandma, it was my duty and honor, and I don't think there was hardly a day that I didn't lug something over for you.  A new outfit, a fun rattle, some yogurt, just something for you that I didn't think you could possibly live without.  

I don't know if it was my birthday,missing you so much more than usual,  and knowing how much fun we had at the last birthday I had before you went to heaven...


and even though this year's birthday was great and fun and special....you weren't here.


 Then, your mama graduated with her masters in a subject very dear to her heart.....
you, my little love.   And her research will help so many families in their own grief. 



How you've changed us all.  How you still color all our days.  How the essence of you lives inside all of us.  How beautiful you made our lives. How special you made every thing you touched.  How there isn't a day that goes by that you aren't in our thoughts



Not.  one.  Single.  Day.

Today, I needed to be near you, so I brought you flowers. 

I miss you every day, and I will rejoice the day we are together again...

I love you forever and a day....   Lolly

1 comment: