Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, January 18, 2016

Fillings, Freezing and Frowing Up

MLK day was pretty intense in the mansion.

Gina marched in the MLK parade downtown with her Stomp Club from her high school.  She froze her booty off, and figured out really quickly that not all sponsors are all created equally.  Can anyone say "UNORGANIZED?"  Sheesh.  My right hand Amanda, (the kids first caseworker and always referred to as Elastic Girl in my early blogs) kept her overnight and hauled her down to the parade.  Seriously don't know how I would do this deal without my Amanda. 

Last night I was sitting on the couch watching tv with Hallie and noticed I had been colder and colder as the day rolled on, and finally discovered that I had zero heat rolling out the vents.

Awesome.

$650 later I am the proud owner of a new circuit board in my 15 year old unit.  Almost as fun as buying tires.  

The boys had dental appointments first thing.  Zach doesn't have good teeth at all, (Mom had zero prenatal care, so his teeth have really taken a hit) and had 3 cavities.  Last time he got 4 crowns and had to be sedated, so I was a bit worried he wouldn't be able to roll with the gas and the numbing, but he surprised me and was a TROOPER. 

Steven got an A+ (as usual) from the dentist, and as soon as he walked out of the office, he got dropped at his basketball practice.  Found a pretty nice guy to coach, from what I was watching it didn't look so much like basketball practice, but maybe more like herding cats, but he had a lot of patience and that is a good thing.

I have started the Daniel Fast today with my work, and it was a hard day to give up my caffeine.  For.the.love.

Where's my sweet tea.   WHHHAAAAAAAAA.

As soon as Steven finished his lunch, it showed right back up.  In the trashcan by his bed.  He is such a good son.  Didn't leave me a mess anywhere.  So polite.    Poor kid.  I have never seen so much throw up.  Blek.   I'm the worst throw up mom in the world.  Sympathy hurler all the way.  So everything is done at full arm's length and I hand rags with one of those pick up sticks and kind of shove it at the sick kid in question.




My BFF volleyball mom, Johnelle saw my plight on facebook and drove us down some DIGIZE essential oils to smear all over the sick kid, and now he is sitting in a chair sipping ginger ale.  AMAZING.

Now if the rest of us can PLEASE OH LORD PLEASE just not share in that joy.

So what a day.

I need a serious do-over.

However, in all the excitement I stuck to the Daniel Plan and only ate 1500 calories.

I think I will go ahead and go to bed so I can quit thinking about how hungry I am.

It all has to get better.

RIGHT?



No comments:

Post a Comment