Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, July 8, 2013

Time to WEAR YOUR PURPLE

As most of you know, we have been wearing PURPLE to honor our Layniebug for the last few years on her angel wings day.  

It helps our family get through the day, the constant show of support with pictures posting on facebook, email and cell phones.  About the time we start feeling overwhelmed and sad, another purple picture shows up with sweet sweet words, and the pain ebbs.
I found myself in tears several times yesterday in church.  When Dameon sang "Our God", it put me back exactly 3 years ago to the day, when I crawled in my car, hating leaving the baby for a second, to go run an appointment in Harrah.

I was in an anguished state that week.  Disbelieving that our time was nearing an end, and in a near manic state believing that God would heal her.  This song was relatively new at that time, and when it came on as I was blindly making my way to my destination, I just cried and sang with it, lifting my hands in the air, in my car, and surrendering to God's promise that HE truly knows our path.

Friends, there are no words to describe the pain.  It has been three years and there are still days that I just want to curl up and cry all day.  Watching her mommy heal, and be the incredible stronghold that Lacey is for so many families, gives me comfort that through the pain, there was so much gain.   
And in the pain, there was the HOPE that God carried us through all of that.  In His loving arms we stayed, and we came out of that journey stronger, better Christians.
I don't know what struggles you are facing today, but you have to know that God is faithful.  I've said this before and I'll say it a million times, God isn't the Good Ship Lollipop.   What He is, is a calm place in a tragic storm tossed world.  You just have to trust in Him, and look to Him, and He will carry you through it.

I am so thankful for the time we had with this little precious bald headed gift.  What we presumed would be hours, turned into months, and we were granted almost 30 of those precious months.  
It made us better people.  We suffered a grievous loss, but we gained eternal hope.

  
Celebrate her life with us, by wearing your purple on Wednesday.  Share it with me, because I betcha I'll be sharing it with all of you.

People, God is Good.  Through sadness and heartache, through triumphs and joy...he is Faithful, and HE IS GOOD.

 This was taken on her 29th month birthday on June 16. We had no idea we would be saying goodbye in 3 short weeks.  Love each other fiercely, and never take a second for granted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment