Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, June 28, 2013

Quarter of a Century


About 25 years ago this was me.

I was about to give birth to my Kipster Queen you know what I Mean.

Only then, she was Tanner Austin.  Or Craig Austin.   We were still undecided.

But then, something very vital fell off during the delivery, and another little punkin seed female was born.

Lacey took the matter of naming her into her capable 4 year old hands, and named our new crown jewel, Kristen Janae.

Good thing she was on top of baby names.

I dressed her in ridiculous clothes.

But she grew into a kid and forgave me for dressing her in sweater sets.

Nothing much has changed.  I pretty sure she still eats watermelon like this.  A fork takes too long.

Next thing I knew, she was all growed up, and almost as pretty as her Grammie.

I get tons of people asking me how she is doing in California, and I'm just going to show you.



As you know her trusty little Solara died the day before she left for her journey, so she has been tooling around in Brandon's truck (YES, It's a standard, a WHOLE 'nother story).  Good thing she accessorizes her outfit to match her vehicle.  

 Speaking of Brandon, here they are in his very cool backyard at his house. 

 Grammie and Lacey went to see her and they enjoyed pizza over at Brandon's.

 Lacey & Kip went and spent the day at WhiskeyTown Lake and Lacey is pretty sure she could live there without any trouble.  (But trust me, there will be TROUBLE if Lacey TRIES to leave the state too)

But first they went to church .  :)
 They spent some fun time with my cousin Alison, and her kids...this is Laramie.

 She scored a great architecture job, something we have all been praying about since she finished school.  It's God's way of telling her she's on the right track.

 She was really happy to have some Shawnee Mills cornbread mix.  And from the look of Brandon's face photobombing in the mirror, he was pretty happy too.

This lake lovin', sun craving girl has found her happy place in California and I couldn't be happier for her.

She meet a bunch of girls in her lifegroup at church and she is roommates with one of them.  They look enough alike to be sisters as far as I am concerned.

I'm so proud of my Kipster Queen... in March she left Oklahoma without a car, without a job, without a place to live, with only a vision in her mind of what she wanted her future to look like.  Within 3 months, she scored a fantastic job, moved into the cutest apartment in the world, and continues to adore her hottie boyfriend.

She's more in love with God than ever, and that's the best part of this superstar's secret.

Happy birthday, love.

25 years old.  Quarter of a century.  I'm pretty sure the best is yet to come for you, youngster.  And I'm so anticipating the next 25 with you.  Love you and can't hardly fit in my shirt for busting my buttons with pride.



Just for your birthday sis........




2 comments: