Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, March 3, 2012

I want energy and spirit like Mandisa

Lacey saw Mandisa at Woman of Faith this year.  I was off doing something and didn't get to go, so I was a tiny bit bummed I missed one of my favorite American Idol contestants.  When we heard that she was going to be coming to the Bethany Church of the Nazarene, and bringing Laura Story with her...we were totally in!  Two of Lacey's lifegroup girls (Jessica & Kellie) joined our reindeer games, and we had a solid four going for our "Girls Night Out".

I really don't know why my nose is red all the time.  It's quite sexy.
It was fabulous.



That's really not even a big enough word.

It was supercalifragilisticexpealidocious.  Yes.  It was.


Laura Story's story (that sounds funny) reminds me of my family.  Experiencing loss, depending on God to carry you through.  Using humor to defuse the seriousness of reality.   They had been married 2 years or so when her husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  They were pups.  Thrown into the worldly fire and tested to the max.  And as she related to us... "God never left us.  He was our strength, our hope, our everything." 



Wow. She questioned God.  WHY?  You can FIX this.  You have the ability to right this wrong.  But even now, eight years later, as they are still learning to live with their new "normal" (he has no short term memory, which I completely relate to) she said God is ever faithful.  Even though they walked through the fire, they came out changed and refined, just like fire will do to you.

Even though we lost our precious angel, I like to think, we came out better people.  More in love with God than ever.  More committed to helping others.   He doesn't give you trials to make you suffer, he brings you through trials to make you depend more fully on Him, to make you want to be better people.  Just stay in the boat, and let Him lead you through it.  

So, I LOVED me some folksy Laura Story.  Her pony tail.  Her cute little pregnant belly,  (see how God sends blessings?), her thermal undershirt under her tshirt,  and her brand new Grammy for best Christian song.   She looked like someone that could be sitting beside me in the audience, and I just loved her for it.  


Now, Mandisa.  That girl could stop traffic.  She had the hair.  She had the glittery top.  She had us UP ON OUR feet, dancing in the aisles, literally.   Talk about a woman in love with, and on fire for, God.  


I've used her videos on my blogs before.  Her soulful voice, her use of imagery in the words of her songs...just powerful stuff.  Plus she is straight up FUN, now.  She has lost...wait for it.....over 100 pounds.  And she will tell you it has NOT been easy and she still has moments, but she LOVES herself...she LOVES her God, and together...they can do it.  She said she just knows her man is out there somewhere, he is LOST and too proud to ask for Directions.   Cracked me up.  I love small venues like churches because you can get right up on them and see them, and watch them sweat.  Shoot, I even sweated some too, and cried, cause that girl has got some talent.  Mercy.


I'm going to share the video of "Not Guilty", because it touches every chord in me.  I have screwed up SO many times, it makes me wonder how he can still love me and want me.   

But he does.  His blood paid the price for me, and in this season of Easter.... embrace the cross, friends.  God is there and loves you and wants you to love Him back.   There is no greater joy than to walk in His light.....



Laura Story was fabulous, Mandisa was fabulous, the company was fabulous....what a great evening.

The girls are showing me their "Stronger" looks.   I like hanging out with them, they are weird like me. 

Mandisa.....Laura Story....download them on your music thingys...you'll be glad you did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment