Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, March 30, 2012

I ain't no judge.

It occurred to me as I was listening to people gripe about other people and drama swirl all around me, how removed I make myself from that now.

I used to be a "Jump right into the fray with both feet" kinda girl when it came to drama.  Chaos followed the way I lived, and I could be in a drama filled verbal fest in a matter of seconds.  When it stopped, it was weird to not be bored.

Drama was all I knew for about 7 years of my life.  Drama, judgement and chaos.  All the sudden, with the advent of my life change, chaos slowed and stopped.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I suddenly had peace...and..quiet.  My kids didn't know how to react... It was ..... well, .... weird.

And wonderful.


Now drama is like a landmine.. You least expect it, but when it happens, it can blow your peace right out of the water.  I can still.... very quickly....fall back into drama.  It's as easy as breathing for me.  BUT I DON'T WANT IT.

Someone was talking about gay people the other day.  And I told them, I believe that being gay is a sin.  (NOW HANG ON, DON"T GET MAD), it clearly states it in the bible.  But it also states that lying is a sin and lusting is a sin and saying FOR THE LOVE twenty times a day is probably a sin.... BUT I do all those things.  (except being gay, because I like guys, even though they don't like me, but that's a whole nother blog), sooooo....here's the most wonderful thing in the world, and another FREEING THOUGHT.....



It's not up to me to judge.   Anyone.   Anything.     Anytime.    And you know what?  With that freedom, it gives me time to do what God wants me to do.

And that's just love everyone as myself.

It's doesn't matter what they do to you.  You are supposed to love them.

It doesn't matter what they do to themselves.  You are supposed to love them.

It doesn't matter what they do to others.  You are supposed to love them.

Now it doesn't mean you let them walk all over you.  Make healthy boundaries and stick with them, but you can love someone and not LIKE the act.

But don't judge.  As a yelling preacher from my youth once said,  "It AIN'T MY bidness (business, said in loud preacher language), It AIN't Your Bidness (yes, he used "ain't" in church.)  IT'S  GOOOOODDDD's (long drawn out GOOOODDDDD)'s  Bidness.  

And it's true.  You just go through the day the best you can, keeping your nose in your own "Bidness" and "Loving your neighbor as yourself", and all the sudden your life will be infinitely more peaceful.



And that's the truth.   Now don't test me and try to draw me into drama, because I am SPECTACULAR at it, but It's like being the best at a spitting contest....you're great, but who wants that title???  Best Spitter in Cleveland County.

Whoa.  

I want to be the "Girl you can tell anything to and she doesn't even Blink".  I want to be that girl.  God's Girl.  Think if we all were...... Now that's something to be proud of.

Eat more fruit.....the fruits of the spirit that is....

No comments:

Post a Comment