Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

On Laynie and Loss



Laynie's birthday was January 16.  Hard to believe we got to share 2 wonderful birthdays with our little tiny gift.  TWO birthdays.

I was sharing with someone today, about her, and I got to reflect on how her life was such a gift.  A spiritual walk.  A healing.  A renewed passion for God.  A learning that went beyond any understanding any of us had for "God".

And I believe, with all my heart, that He sent her to us, and allowed us to keep her until I understood that I was supposed to share her life with all of you.  And let you in on how present God is, and how unexpectedly He can reveal Himself.

There is so much pain in this world.  So much loss.  So much loneliness. There are so many things that happen that we, as mortals, cannot understand.  How children die so young of cancer.  How precious teenagers die in automobile wrecks.  How young adults can get buried into drugs and lose their lives in an instant.  How people fall into affairs and wreck so many lives.  How you can lose a job and security and not know where your next paycheck is coming from. How friends die of aneurysms, and diabetes, far too young to be gone from this earth.  And how parents get old and die of Alzheimers, of Parkinsons, of cancer.  Or their bodies just get tired and they are gone.  So. Much. Pain.

I have no idea how people get through life without the comfort of knowing that God is there.  And He never ever EVER leaves us.  Not for one second.  Even if we are forgetful or inconsiderate of Him, He is There.  Ever Present.  The Alpha and Omega.  Beginning to End.

And that gives me peace like nothing else.  And before Laynie, I didn't have that.

Now I do.

So when I start to miss (and believe me, I do every.single.day) my little sweet smidge, I smile up to God, and say...

God, you are Good.  All the Time.

Happy Birthday in heaven, my sweet little layniebug.  Your lolly will Never Ever stop sharing your story....


2 comments:

  1. She knows, and will be waiting for you someday with open arems and that beautiful smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete