Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Drifting

I've been noticing that I'm just "off".  (now I hear all of you saying, JUST NOTICING?) but seriously, just not feeling myself.   And it hit me like a ton of bricks.....  YOU AREN'T READING YOUR BIBLE everyday.

I had class.  I had work.  I had Criminal Minds.  So, the bible got backburner'd.  I just read the whole thing, right?   I just fed on the word for a solid year, right?  I can't lose that closeness to God by slacking for a few weeks, Right?

Right?

RIGHT?

Wrong.  

I've been so edgy.  So quick to anger.  So worried about finances.  Things, just weeks ago, didn't even bother me, because God & I were in a daily lovefest.  

It's amazing to me how STUFF can reach in and grab your peace, when you just slack for a minute.  If I was in a relationship with a human being of the male caliber and I went three weeks without calling him or talking to him, or texting him...he would be PEACE OUT.  (I don't know, I have such a brilliant personality, LOL) BUT, the wonderful thing I know to be true is, GOD never NEVER leaves me.  He is EVER PRESENT.  Patiently waiting for me to pull my head out, and get back to serving and loving and living for Him.

Life is full of distractions.  But ALL it takes to give you the perfect peace is to  SEEK Him.  Ask Him in, He loves your company.  And I promise with all that I am, from what I have learned, if He is with you, Your days hold more joy.

I want to be slow to anger, quick to love, all forgiving.  And with a constant contact with God, through His word and my time with Him..... it's so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment