Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is wrong with me?

I have the best intentions.  And at church, Craig was talking about how TIME seems to be everyone's biggest enemy.   "I can't go to church, I don't have time"... "I can't go to my kids stuff, there isn't time".... "I can't read my bible, I just ran out of time".....  Time, time, time. 

Holy cow.

Several things happened since I wrote last.  Kip left for her 11 month, 11 country mission trip.  She is in Mindenao, Phillipines as I type.  She will be there until October 17, then she will be going to another country that I can't even type the name on any social media, as it could jeopordize their safety.  Doesn't that just make you feel warm and fuzzy?   Me, either.

It was all I could do to let her go the morning she left.  It was the ugly cry from all the people left behind.  On the way home from the airport, as Lacey and Hallie both took turns crying, I looked at them and said,  "For the love of Pete,  you still have each other".... to which Lacey thought a minute, and said to her baby sister... "You must learn a TON of movie quotes quickly, and learn how to know what I'm saying without me finishing my sentences"..... to which Hallie sniffed and replied,  "Write it in my training manual.".    Oh my girls. 


Kip (kind of in the middle with the red packs and rolled up jeans) at the airport in Atlanta.
Loading the bus from airport. Didn't realize Kip had taken up guitar.  She and Hal can start a band.
The one thing about Kip, she can SLEEP ANYWHERE, anyhow.  Standing up in a corner, sitting straight up, if she is sleepy...the girl is asleep.  

Her first morning in Manila, we caught her on Skype, and took a ton of pics of her.  She is so beautiful.


I spoke for Lacey at the Epworth Methodist Church's monthly ladies meeting in Chickasha, on September 6.  145 ladies were present, and WOW, was that fun.  The lady that arranges the speakers to talk, had seen our story in the newspaper, when Laynie was in the dance off this past spring, and all the press was happening, and she contacted Lacey and said, "I want you at our first meeting this fall".   As luck would have it, Lacey's big class in graduate school happens the same night as the dinner, so I got to fill in.   And I am SOO happy I did.   I have been going to lifegroups telling her story, so I was really practiced up.  I have it down to a 40 minute art.  I added a powerpoint of pictures with it for this talk, and it was a good thing I practiced the afternoon before I went, because I just bawled like a baby telling it.  It's been one year and a half, and I still get choked up talking about the wonder and magic that was Laynie.  I think half of the ladies came up after the talk and wanted a hug.  It was an honor to hug them.  It was an honor to share her.  I have found, seriously, truly found, what I'm supposed to do.  I feel totally comfortable sharing her story, and I can see it change and inspire people.  That's what life is all about. 



Hallie turned 13, and Lacey, Gram and I had a bday party for her in Gram's backyard, consisting of 17 12-13 year olds. (boys and girls).   It was madness, chaos, and fun.  Lacey organized "Minute to win it" games and the kids played those, they played with a volleyball, played a little spontaneous "Duck, Duck, Goose", and wrapped the evening up with Hallie serenading them with her guitar.   It was a dang good 13 year old party, if I say so myself.  Lacey likes toddlers better, but give me mouthy pre-teens anyday. 


So, yes, I have been BUSY, but it's still no excuse to keep this site updated.  So many wonderful things going on every day.  God is blessing my family, and testing us all at the same time.  Be in prayer for all of us, as we all face a new year.  Kip, in her travels.... Hallie, in her 13 year old world of temptation and angst.... Lacey, in her job and work.... and me, as I seek God's will for my life, and His plan for me. 

I will do better.  I have a bunch of people I need to comment on their comments... and it is coming  (as soon as I find that sheet....yes, I cleaned my office and it's awesome and I can't find squat diddly).

It's hard on Hallie's bday, because it's 9-11, and we always feel the pull of the loss of 2001, but on September 12, 1994 we lost an even bigger part of our lives, my precious daddy.  This is always a hard time of year for me anyway... (I always say God gave us Hallie in September, to give us something joyful to celebrate), and this year was no exception.   I am honored to live in this country.   I am humbled that I am able to travel and share Laynie's story, and tell of God's love and His personal touch on our lives.  Tomorrow may be uncertain, but I know where I am going, and I know how many people I am going to share God's love with before I get there, so it's all downhill from here. 

God is good, all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment