Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fellow Grandmas - Day Fourteen

I had fallen off the map on the comment experience, and I find myself with some time this afternoon, so I am going to make up for lost time.  So YES, I AM BACK with the fun and anticipated COMMENT EXPERIENCE blogs....

The next three ladies don't know each other, but all three of them are grandmas and ROCK their facebook pages with comments about their grandkids, or pictures of their grandkids and I am here to tell you, they are 3 terrific grannies. 

Their comments were all so sweet ....  "My nutty friend" ......   "I saw you at church on Sunday" ..... and  "I love your posts".

So no fun pictures to go with those comments, just a big ole  "AWWWWW' my friends rock my world, and without further ado.....

Grandma Blog.

So to start out with , I will tell you about Alesia Almand Reed.  Lisa lives in Las Vegas, and we went to school together back in the HS days.  We have connected back through FB, and I have enjoyed seeing her family and getting to "Reacquaint" myself with my younger classmates  (she's a couple of years younger).. :)


She is Grammy to Brayden and I think he is the cutest pinchy cheek little bubba I have ever seen. 


This one made my day when she posted it the other day.   I dig guys that wear hats.  Yes I do. 


Next is a friend from when I was first selling AVON, back when I was in college.  I was a maniac then.  I worked at the Library, worked at 7-11 on the weekends, went to college full-time at SJC, and sold Avon for giggles.  Beverly Banning  lived on Center street, and took pity on me knocking on doors, and let me in.  She bought a bang load of AVON from this broke college student and I will forever thank her for it.  We reconnected on Facebook also, and she has been a HUGE prayer warrior for me.  We are sisters all the way to our toes, when it comes to prayer and knowing who has us.  SISTERS. 


She is MiMi to two of the sweetest faces ever.  Kinley is the princess, and Carter is the Prince of the Banning family.


Kinley was three here, so this has been a while back, but really??  Who doesn't love a woman in RED?  Precious.


And I don't know about you, but the messier a baby gets while they are eating, the more successful I feel about the whole meal experience.  I mean, really, when you drop food all over your shirt, haven't you ENJOYED your meal??  Carter is happy about everything food in this picture, and I just LOVE it. 

Last, but certainly not least in my Grandma post today, is  Tammy George.   Tammy has 5 kids.  2 sons and 3 daughters.  2 of those daughters did Pom Pon in high school with my daughters.  We have walked through the fire of Pom and came out virtually unscathed.  Only pom moms will understand this description.  And, hoo boy, they will.   I don't know Tammy's boys or her oldest daughter Amber very well, but I know her two babies, Jennifer and Robyn, and they are very close to Lolly's heart.  Jennifer was Lacey's first car wreck, in HS, when she drove her Mazda 3 up under a bus when it's lights didn't work and Jen was bringing Lacey home from pom.  She was also her mentor, and dear friend, and helped her learn to do proper toe touches, by making her do 100 in a row in our back yard.  That's a real friend.   Robyn was Miss Personality Plus, and one thing about Robyn, you always knew where you stood.  No grey area whatsoever.  I love that about the George women.   Tammy has a bunch of family.   Just Look for yourself.
I don't know where they were going in their lookalike shirts, but they just make me smile looking at them.  Tammy lost a son when he was just out of HS to cancer, and it was one of the hardest things that family had faced.  He left behind a son, that they all cherish, so his life lives on.  Amber has two children, Jennifer has two girls, and Robyn has two girls... So that is one family of cheer and pom waiting to happen. 

I have to admit, Tammy George is one hot granny. 

Look at these precious angels.  There is another girl now, not in this pic, so her quiver is FULL.

Recently, Tammy was running Gracie to school, because she had forgotten a book, and they were just traveling down Westminster, when a truck crossed the divider line in the road and caused Tammy to take a direct hit.  In a split second, she had to assess what was happening, make a decision to go off the road (ravine) and chance taking Gracie's life, or take the hit head on into her door and put her own life at risk.  She didn't even flinch as she took the truck head on into her side, and broke fingers on her hand, holding Gracie to safety on her side.  Grandma's instinct.  Grandma's love.  Selfless, unending, unwavering, she took the hit. 
She suffered a broken back and several other injuries, but I'm happy to report, back at home, back on facebook, ready to face another day  (when she gets released from her house).  Angels surrounded her and Gracie that day.  I just want to tell you.  Angels were present. 

Fun side story.  Gracie is 10.  She is George through and through.  Most of the time, police don't take statements from kids, but she was so dead on from what happened, with exact details, he decided to take her statement.  She started with   "THAT IDIOT, crossed the line into my nana's side and HIT us dead on".  (I can just see her, all bowed up, with that hand on her hip, telling him what for)  Oh, I love me some George women. 

Grandmas rock.  We had no idea when we were growing up, how much fun it was going to be being a gma. 




No comments:

Post a Comment