Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, September 18, 2011

People You Should Know- Day Fourteen part 2

I have such a huge variety of friends on my wall it's amazing.  I broke 1000 friends this week and Hallie said "There is NO way you know that many people".   It's kind of crazy, but YES, I do know, personally, the majority of people on my page.  There are a few, that are monumental Laynie followers, that I've gotten to know through her, but for the most part, probably 950 of them, I know purty good.  Where they live, what food they eat, that kind of stuff. 

I want you to meet one of them, because you may be in need of his services. 

Isn't it so funny how timing is everything?  And how when you really get to digging about someone that you usually have a friend in common.  Or they are relatives to someone you know.  Or they went to school with you brother's ex-wife's cousin??  It's just a weird, Kevin Bacon'ish six degrees of separation type dealio. 

I was working at home when my phone rang one day, and I had been mulling in my head that I needed to get new insurance.  I didn't even know my agent, and I felt that my rates were way high, and I just wanted to feel "IN CONTROL'.  (whatever).    So of course, my phone rings and it's some bubbly person on the other end asking if I'd like to get an insurance quote, and could her agent come over.  Well, hello, Serendipity.  Please do. 

Enter John Willeford. 


Now, he is about the cutest thing on the planet, since cute started years ago.  If you look up the word, CUTE in the dictionary, I'm pretty sure that John Willeford's picture is stinkin' right there.  He is just that CUTE.

And the fact that once he got to my house, I found out he was married to one of Lacey's friends from HS, Ashley, and her mom, Teresa, was a fellow "Oldie but goodie" mommy at my old church in HS (in other words, we gave birth to babies when we were probably "Past our Prime", she going for broke and having TWINS at almost 40).  So I'm already a fan, because I love his wife, and in-laws.



So, I gave all my insurance to John  (not that it was a ton, but he got me lock, stock and barrel).  Then he got Lacey, and my mom, and finally rounded up the family with my brother.  So, I'd pretty much say, our wagons are hitched to his star. 

Because he and Ashley are the "Cute" definition in the dictionary....it only goes to expect that their daughter, Paisley, should be one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen.  I mean, really.  REALLY.   Really really. 



She just celebrated her third birthday and I think she is the most friendly little girl and a living doll.

John is a fabulous daddy.  He is hands on, and spends as much time as he can with his two girls.  It makes my heart happy to see this family.   They mean a lot to our family.... and here's why. 

Now I don't promise that he will give you this kind of service, but John hasn't just been a fly by when it has come to our family stuff.  He was one of Laynie's most ardent admirers.   Ashley and Teresa (her mom), came to the hospital when Laynie was born and stood over her in the NICU and cried with me.  They brought the most precious little girl outfits and stood with us in the determined "She will make it" stance, that so many of our friends brought to us during those few difficult weeks after her birth. 

John showed up at blood drives, gave blood at blood drives, and solidly passed out at blood drives.  He was my hero.

I knew he was going down, because I know all the signs.  THat's usually me in that position, so it makes me happy it was someone else.   But the Willeford's were there, that's all that matters.


Then, I introduced John to Scentsy and he singlehandedly got me promoted to director.  The dude LOVES scentsy.  He gave scentsy to everyone in his office and got them hooked, he gave it to all the females in his family and got them hooked, and he has been instrumental in keeping me in scentsy since I started.  He is my scentsy guru.   Gotta love a man secure enough in his manhood, to love him some scentsy. 

Then his willingness to run, in the freezing cold, at Laynie's run, this past March. 
He also sponsored her tshirts and is one of the reasons we got them for such a great price. 


I can't say enough good things about this guy and his sweet girls.  The Willefords are family to us, and we hold them in such a close, loving spot.  I highly recommend John for your insurance needs.   He is someone you can trust, and depend on..... and that is very very rare in this ole world. 

John knows me pretty well, because his comment on my experiment was  "Just what in the HECK are you up to now?".   He was just hoping it wouldn't involve a roof claim.  (inside joke).  

Farmer's  -  John Willeford..... google him and let him start being your friend and agent....he's a Keeper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment