Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, September 16, 2011

Stay in the Boat

You have heard me say this so many times it's ridiculous.  Just quit saying it already, I hear you saying.

Can't.

Won't.

Isn't possible.

Because, staying true to the course you are on, especially if it's walking in God's will, is right where you are supposed to be.  

The world is broken.  There is no doubt.  Crap happens every day that I scratch my head out and say, "WHY?".   I am making no money these days.   Little to none.  Non-profit is non-profit for a reason, they don't pay big salaries.  But the joy you take home with you on a daily basis is so much bigger than a hefty salary.  The contentment of knowing you are making a difference.   Priceless.

Now I'm sounding like a sappy Hallmark commercial.  or Holiday Inn, I forget, but my point is.....

I can see God working in my life every single day.   And what that has given me is total freedom.

Freedom from worry, from fear, from doubt.  Now, don't get me wrong, it's not all sunshine and skittles, I still have sadness, pain, loneliness, and unexpected bad, but I am so firmly rooted in my no fear, no doubt zone, that I experience the feelings, but that pain and fear has no hold on me. 

I used to worry myself into a sick coma over bills.  Financially worried all the time.  I tithed only in spurts, and wasn't faithful in prayer, reading the bible, etc, and I was a worried piece of poopy.  Most all the time.  These days, I know on payday, I'm going to experience a modicum of angst.  Mainly because I wish I could sell my car and be just that much more ahead, but I digress.  I know even though I make EXACTLY what I need (and not one penny more) that God is going to provide for me, my exact needs.   Now that doesn't mean I go on a wild spending spree and expect him to clean up the backlash.  He PROVIDES every need. And it's eerie.  And cool.   And awesome.   God is bigger than anything our silly little worldly minds can comprehend.  He has delivered a worry wart of the highest magnitude out of doubt, and made me into a belief spouting crazy.  My poor lifegroup just looks at me and thinks  "WOW, she's different".  and that's ok.  It took me 50 years to get here.  And God just asks me to stay in the boat.


I'm in the boat.  The worry free, fearless, no doubt boat ride.  And I'm truly free, for the first time in my life. The storms can be all around me, and I'm just hanging out in the boat, playing cards and enjoying life, hanging out with my BFF, Jesus Christ. 

Feel free to join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment