Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tacos and job thoughts

Hallie and I were getting her 6 (yes, 6..she is a growing girl) after school tacos today at Taco Bell, and she saw a "Help Wanted" sign on the window, which caused the following conversation....

Hallie:   "Mom, you could totally work at Taco Bell"

Me:  "I would kill myself first"

Hallie:   (reading from sign) "Why?? "It pays to have fun".
Me:   "Ugh"

Hallie:  "Think outside the bun, mom".

Maybe the girl is on to something.  :)  Not at Taco Bell, but the whole "Thinking outside the bun" thing.  I am so open to anything right now. 

We are talking about being "Weird" at church.  "Because normal isn't working".  I agree.  Outwardly, right now, I probably look to the world like a bum.  A Loser.   But I know that I have put in place some wonderful things that would not have happened had I been traveling, and working any of the jobs I had interviewed with... 

I volunteered to help the author Karen Kingsbury sell her books at her booth at the "Women of Joy" conference here in OKC on the weekend of April 15.   I had been wanting to go ever since I got the flyer about it about 2 months ago.  Couldn't swing the price, and now I get to go to the conference and not only go free, but get to meet and talk to one of my most favorite authors EVER.  That's a "God" deal if ever I heard it.   Saw a post on her facebook page today asking for OKC volunteers and HELLO, that's me.  After one quick email, I was in.  Just. Like. That.   

I'm going to keep the "Taco Bell" mentality  in the job search and listen to God's guiding voice, and keep looking "Outside of the bun". 

Yo quiero, taco bell. 






No comments:

Post a Comment