Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Faith

Every year I pick a word and use it as my mantra for the year. 

I haven't been a very good steward of this practice, since I can't even remember what my word was last year (should have been perseverance) or the year before, or even the year before that. 

But, one thing I know to be true, this past year I didn't read the bible through in a year.  I had done it the last two years and took a mental break (what I thought would be) from the relentless pursuit of Jesus for last year. 

Now, that's not to say I didn't pray my face off everyday, about something, for someone, for my kids, for me, for circumstances, I was a praying maniac.   And I listened to KLove and I didn't miss too many times to be in church (can't go without my church or sweet tea, my two reasons to live), so I really thought it would be OK to not make my way through the bible last year. 

Mercy.

Sakes.

A.  Live. 

Now that I'm back in it, I can tell a night and day difference.  I'm slower to anger, I'm quicker to love, I'm more patient (now that in itself is one big miracle), but I aim to be more of what Jesus wants me to be. 

And I feel happy again. 

Because if I'm transparent, I haven't been happy in a while. 

Because I haven't been in the pocket. 

You know which pocket I am referring.   God's pocket, the Lolly Pocket.  Where I'm grounded, and happy, and content. 

People, it's not enough to sit in a pew, and tithe faithfully and do all the things.  What helps and matters is the time you spend alone reading His word.   If God feels far away, it's because you've moved away, not Him.  God is always there. 

My word this year will be FAITH.  And I'm going to remember it.  I read through Hebrews 11 and it talked about how all the people mentioned in the bible that REALLY knew Jesus, walked in faith.   Hebrews 11:6


Earnestly seek him......  Man that hit me square in the mug.  Have I earnestly sought him?   I can't say that I have.   I've been so wrapped up in my own stuff that I haven't been EARNESTLY seeking Him. 

So 2020 will be the year of FAITH, and earnestly seeking God.  And hopefully  more consistent blogging because He gets in my head and makes me want to share and BOOM, here I am. 

Faith.  Let's do this, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment