Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

How to Tackle Beast with a stress fracture....

My day started at 6:30 am.  My phone rang, and it was my tallest daughter, calling her madre.

Quite early.

Didn't care.  HI BABE!

Seriously haven't ever given a second thought to immediate gratification in the technology world until the past 6 weeks.  Always have taken for granted my unlimited access to my kids.

Then BEAST happened, and the phones went away.  Yesterday, late evening, sanity in the form of phone communication was restored with the advent of her phone given back to her.  FOREVER.

So, yeah, I was thrilled to hear from my kid, even though it was early.

A funny while we were talking:

"Mom, this squirrel is trying to attack me. It's walking straight for me.  It's literally
inches from me, GO AWAY SQUIRREL"

Me:  "It must be an army squirrel, ain't skeered of Nuthin"

I thought I was hilarious, she didn't even hear me.


Fast forward to noon thirty, my phone buzzes, text.

"I have a stress fracture."


"What does that mean" says the dumb mom, 1 million miles away from her daughter.

"I'm out for six weeks, in a boot.  No practice, No games, No A Day"


That wasn't her.  That was me.  She called me, later, after leaving the doctor's office, crying, which made me the saddest I've been in a while, and all I could keep saying was "I'm so sorry".

Man.

I'm beyond impressed she made it as far as she did.  I'm serious.  Tonight as we were rehashing the appointment, now that the shock and disappointment has faded some, she said doc came in and said, "yeah, you definitely have a stress fracture in your foot, but did you know that your big toe was broken too?"

"Uhm, yeah.  I've kind of been doing beast with a broken big toe"

Doc stares at her.  Stares some more.  Sighs a little.

"Well, now you have to wear that boot and get them both healed."

And the whole wide world said,  "Amen".

Who knows why all this is happening?  All I know is God has a plan that is perfect for US and sometimes we are like, "Why is this happening?   Why did this happen now?  How come there are three kids instead of one?"  (LOL)  But here is what I know to be true.

Sometimes you gotta ride through a heckuva storm to get to the gorgeous rainbow on the other side.

God's got a plan, and my hope and heart is with Him and Him alone.


Kip and I are heading to A Day on Friday.  Instead of celebrating her in the parade,sitting in the bleachers with 5000 other people, we will celebrate her just as hard, wherever she is.  We'll find her.  Kip can find anyone, anywhere.  This we know.

God is Good, All the Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment