Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jeremiah 29:11

My day has been a blur.

I drove all over america today, and I am so tired tonight.

Mentally, physically,  Tired to the marrow of my bones.

The two bigger kids went to be interviewed at the Care Center, and had to relive the trauma that is their lives.

Steven had another epiphany today.  He realized in testifying, that his own dad had witnessed the sexual abuse first hand......

and had done nothing about it.

That was so hard on him.  I think the dream of ever having a dad love and protect him, died today.  He was pretty inconsolable for a while after the interview, and in questioning him, is coming more and more to terms with the fact that he is nothing, nor ever will be, anything like his biological father.
The only positive out of the day, was the detective believes they have enough to move forward with a case, not only against the man in question, but he feels pretty strongly that we have a case against their dad  (FINALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY).

It was a tough day, but a good day.  

The kids are believing more and more in themselves every day, and I see them growing and blossoming before my eyes.

It's been a hard, hard day....but.....man, it's been a good day, too.

Prayers are always, always welcome to rain over our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment