Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

On Being Still





This is on my heart very heavy this morning, so I'm putting it out there, because someone will read this and go, "Dang, I needed that".

And maybe, it might be just me that needs it.

I heard on KLOVE the other morning, about being in a "season", or a "Valley" (if you will) and despairing, or worrying about it ALL THE TIME.  I mean, just being eat up with worry about something.

For example, I lost a job in 2010.  I was very hurt, very depressed and very anxious when all of that went down.  I despaired and despaired over what I thought to be, one of the worst things that could ever happen to me, in my entire life.

Now, looking back, I realize just how anointed that time in my life was for me.

I was able to help my mom with her brother, who was dying at the time, and be there 100% for her and him.  I was able to heal from losing Laynie.  I spent time with my nephew/cousin, Austin during spring break and had him up to hang with Hallie and I, and really got to know him and his heart and speak truth into his life and love him in a way I hadn't until then.  Never knowing that in 24 short months, he would gone too.   I leaned fully on God, and thinking back, never, really worried about finances and how things would get paid, and how I would make it happen for Hallie and I.

It just did.

God comes through for you.  During the hardest times of your life, if you will just lean into Him, and really trust HIM to take take the wheel, He will.   I believe that sometimes, He will bring you to the hard times, to teach you to do that.

There is nothing more freeing, than to hand your worries and burdens over to God.  And if I'm being transparent here, I have had health issues these past few weeks, and had a biopsy done (don't ask me where), and I am now waiting results.

I am Not Even Worried.  Oh, I think about it.  and when I do, I breathe a prayer of thanksgiving for my blessings and the life I have, but I'm not mired in worry.  I couldn't function if I was.

Now, before Laynie, I would have not been able to get out of bed for worrying about this.  But now, I know that my God is greater than anything that gets in my path, and He always, always has my back.
If you are in a place of uncertainty right now, just give it to God.   That's what He wants from you, He wants to shoulder your burdens and TRUST HIM.

He Just Needs you to BE Still and hear His voice.

Because He is There.




1 comment: