Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ring around the Rosy......

I shared the link from the mom's blog that went viral, pleading for people to please vaccinate their childrens.  I wrote "Idiots....wake up".

Well.

Some people don't like being called idiots.

Now, I'm an idiot when it comes to money.   And men.  And cheetos.

I just am.

But protecting your children from diseases that will kill them???

These parents are calling themselves "Non-vaxxers".   Hmm.

I believe that there are certain cases out there that probably shouldn't vaccinate.  Even our tiny lil Laynie, went home from the hospital (at 3 lbs 6 oz), all Hib'd and Hep B'd up.

And this was a baby that wasn't even suppose to live through the weekend.......

Come on people.

That's like having a house with a garage, and not parking your car in the garage because a Jet might fall from the sky and land on your car (in the garage) and damage your home.   That's about as much sense as it makes to me.

Seriously.

After years and years of obliterating the small pox (thank GOD) and polio, and making the measles almost a non-issue.....we are at an epidemic proportion with measles this year..... and let's review why.

Measles are one of the most contagious childhood diseases out there. A family vacationing at Disney (non-vaxxers) started showing signs and by golly they paid almost $800 for five 2-day passes, and that money was NOT going to waste......So......hundreds of infected children, going back to their own states...unknowingly contaminated with the virus.....spreading it like wildfire. 
Borrowing from Mayo Clinic here......
Measles is a childhood infection caused by a virus. Once quite common, measles can now almost always be prevented with a vaccine. Signs and symptoms of measles include cough, runny nose, inflamed eyes, sore throat, fever and a red, blotchy skin rash.
Also called rubeola, measles can be serious and even fatal for small children. While death rates have been falling worldwide as more children receive the measles vaccine, the disease still kills more than 100,000 people a year, most under the age of 5.
As a result of high vaccination rates, measles has not been widespread in the United States for more than a decade. Today, the United States averages about 60 cases of measles a year, and most of them originate outside the country.

I'm about to have a grandson.  He will not be allowed to be inoculated until he is over a year old.   That puts him at risk.

High Risk.  

That pisses me off.   10 years ago, this wouldn't even be a concern.  Non-vaxxers were few and far between, but now with the advent of internet, and BLOGGING (for the love), and so much baseless .......well........CRAP...... about vaccines flying around.....

One of my friends has an autistic son, and her take.... "I'd rather have him quirky with his autism, than dead from the measles".

Vaccines weren't designed to hurt your children, they were designed to save them.  When did it become a "Thing" to NOT protect your children?  I know I will get enraged comments on this "You don't understand our situation"   "I put a ton of thought in to this"  "I researched and researched"........well, unless the vaccine kills your child..... I'm not buying it.  You hear the stories of the few children that actually do have reactions from the vaccines, but what about the millions that don't??  

One night a flood hits a small town....an older lady goes to her porch and cries out, "Oh Lord, I know you will save me from my plight!" and a small rowboat comes by and says, "Lady, get on board"......she says to the boat..."Oh, no, I've asked GOD to protect me".......as the water gets higher, she goes to the second story of her house, and again....  "GOD, protect me".........  the coast guard comes by and says, "Lady, get on board"........"OH NO, I've asked GOD to protect me"....... then finally as the water takes her to her roof, and she cries out,  "Oh, LORD, protect me".....and a helicopter comes in and says, "LADY, GET ON BOARD".......  "OH NO, the LORD will protect me"...... and as the helicopter flies off, the lady succumbs to the water....
When she walks into the pearly gates, and God is there to greet her....her first questions..... "GOD, WHY DIDN"T YOU SAVE ME?"   to his very puzzled,  "Lady, I sent you a boat, the Coast Guard and a HELICOPTER!"..............

Hmmmm.

Lady, I sent you doctors that created vaccines for immuzations, and clinics that give free shots, and guidelines and standards......

Wake up.  It will be a WHOLE OTHER story when your unvaxxed kid, infected with measles and  fighting for their lives.....and all the other kids around them that are infected now too.   The innocent babes, that aren't old enough to be vaccinated, the special needs kids that can't take immunizations because of the nature of their condition...... You aren't protecting your kid.....you're putting EVERYONE at risk.

Come on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment