Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Labor Day Funness

Thought I better check in and share some of the funny things that have happened recently.

Last weekend, Hallie & I ran to California (or flew) to see Kip, Brandon and Brielle.  Boy, oh boy, was I glad to see my kids. 

 They got a cute new ride, a Honda Pilot that is just super amazingly nice.  They have a knack for finding terrific deals on vehicles. 

 We ran to the lake on Labor Day....we were happy to see there were very few people to be found.  It was gloriously amazing. 

As usually, Ms. Super Sign Maker made us this cutey patootie sign to welcome us.  Love my Kip.

My granddog was exceptionally cutie.  Delighting us with her precious personality, and as a giant Great Dane, totally unaware she is a 100+ pound of canine deliciousness.  She is the most hopeful dog on the planet.  She will stand by the table with the most hopeful look on her face, just knowing that any second you will either 1) look away so she can snatch it from your plate, or 2) you will crack and give her a bite (Might have done that).   She also will stand at the door for hours, waiting for a squirrel to grace her backyard.  I found her a chipmunk chew toy, which lasted about 8 minutes. 
 WHERE ARE THOSE SQUIRRELS??????  Really!!!! 

Kip and Brandon have worked hard on the house (Well, Brandon has worked really hard on the house) getting some cute stuff ready.... This picture collection is made of a pallet.  Just the neatest thing, and Brandon took out a 70's wet bar, and made this nifty closet.  He is really handier than a pocket on a shirt.  I have two super dee duper handy son in laws.  (I are so lucky)
 Of course, this is in Kip's house.  I would expect nothing less.  :)

Their new fancy schmancy closet.  

Hallie is going to turn 16 in 4 (FOUR) days.  They made her a cake (Ok, Kip did that) and hung a cute SWEET SIXTEEN banner on the window and celebrated with her while she was there.  The hopeful dog was sure she would score a piece of chocolate cake  (she didn't, however she did get several Pupparoni's)





Spent some wonderful time with Aunt Nancy, Uncle Lon and cousin Alison and her family.... I noticed my shoulder hurting this night, but thought I was just tired. 

By the next day, I couldn't lift my arm at all.  It was pretty super duper. 

Hallie had to be the pack mule coming home and carry all our worldly possessions (mainly our laptop to watch the whole season of Walking Dead, and our Ipad).  I was in misery.  Of course the very first thing I thought was cancer.  My lymph node was sore and swollen and I had cancer. 

I was really happy after seeing the doctor when we got home, that I had just flare the bursa in my shoulder by carrying all that crap in a bag on my shoulder and then my arm, on my shoulder and then my arm.  When you get old, you can't do that Captain america stuff and carry heavy things for hours on your shoulders in airports. 

They did give me a RX for an 800 motrin with a touch of something for your stomach, so all that ibuprofen won't eat your stomach, and it was some weird deal that had them deliver it to my house from Texas.  ???  I have never in the lifetime of me, had an RX delivered and paid zero copay.  Imagine my surprise when (still using the 9 of the sample they sent me home with) I opened that package and I found 270 motrin.  800 mg.  That should handle anything the kids and I need for the next decade.  Thanks, doc. 

Happy that I am able to move my arm in full motion today. 

I did help the Foster's sell about 1/2 million raffle tickets today at Kannon's annual golf tournament, and then later, when attending my friend's Preston and Nikki McCurtain's baby shower.... thought that the party favor they handed me as I was leaving was a gummy duck, and totally broke the head off, and popped it in my mouth.... 4 chews in, I realized that was the WORST tasting gummy I had ever eaten, and found out that those cute little ducks were actually SOAPS, I projectiled those cute little duck faces straight across the room.  4 hours later, I am still burping soap bubbles.   Blek.

Never a dull moment....that is for double danged sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment