Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, September 29, 2014

WHAT A MONTH!

In case you didn't hear.......

I'M GOING TO BE A FREAKIN' GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, that happened.  Lacey messaged me and said,  "Look, we have a bean!"  to my excited reply,  "I LOVE beans!!!"  Due to arrive around my birthday, May 2015.  That is the best birthday present EVER.

Kip and Brandon are settling in to their married life.  They sold the 2 door BMW and bought a "MOCHA" Honda Pilot (a familial vehicle) that fits the large granddog (she doesn't have to sit with her head out the sunroof.  :)  They've been putting in flower beds, and planning house renovations, it's just fun hanging out with these two.

Hallie has flat killed the dang thing in volleyball this month.  She won all-tournament at 2 of the 3 tournaments she played,   and has just continued to grow and learn this whole school season.  Thinking about the little non-hitting, "Where do I stand", player that we had just 3 seasons ago.....I am soooo  blown away by her determination and commitment to the game she truly lives, breathes and sleeps.  I'm looking forward to club season, and seeing how she continues to grow.  All very exciting.


Then my 3 take-outs.  I told you that I call my oldest 3 my "homemades" and the newest members, my "Take-outs" right?  Anyhoo.

In being transparent here, it's been hard.  Real hard.  It's ain't easy being me.

Gina has some real learning issues.  She is failing 3 classes in school this year.  And bottom line... she just can't read.  Period.  It's very very hard.

We vacillate back and forth with really great days, and really really sucky ones.  She's headstrong, moody, immature, loud, generous, big hearted, and loving.  Usually all within seconds of each other.  It's just exhausting.  It's growing up a teenager.  And even in the best of circumstances, this is a daunting task.

Steven is doing great in school, he's doing great in sports and just about every area.  He's a sunshine, big talker and really is the sweetest love.  I'd say if I had favorites, and all.....but since that's not even an option.....

Zachary will be the death of me.  He's about to turn 5, and informed me that he needed a new bed.  "This bed too small"  (which it probably is, but until we move.....not one thing I can do about it), so I told him, "Perhaps you quit peeing your pants at night, and we might see about getting you a big bed".  He solemnly thought about that for a minute and declared, "Well, that's never going to happen".  But then to my utter astonishment, he went pee-free for 3 weeks.    "Lolly, I quit peeing, I need a big bed".

Sigh.

I also chastised him the other day for just leaving his clothes laying all over the floor.  We had a big talk about where the dirty clothes go and where the clean clothes go.   Next morning or two I went in to wake him up and some pj's were laying on the floor from the day before.   I'm was all,  "HEY, what are these doing here".... to his (just woke up, mind you),  "Oh, I've been looking for those".  Little stink wad.

How will I ever make it?

Well, in May, this new little bean will have a 5 year old vietnamese uncle.

This little love will join a LOUD, exuberant crew and I, believe you me, CANNOT WAIT.

Nor can the new mommy....she sent me this text from the grocery store, along with emoticon feet and hearts....





Oh yeah.   

No comments:

Post a Comment