Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Post #400 Running and Running and Running for Kannon

We pulled a TEAM HOPE together for Get Inspired's 2nd annual 5k yesterday because mainly it was to benefit our sweet friend Kannon and his parentals.  

I don't run.  Even when someone is chasing me, I kind of skip, fast walk.  Because, well, I ain't no runner.  If you ever see me running, call the police for sure. 

But yesterday, we won "Biggest Team" at the run and YEAH! we love to win that award!!!

Here are the 5k'r's ...
Minus Hallie.  Have no idea where she was. 
And ready, set, GO GO GO

 Ok, Zach is Kannon's daddy, so he is an honorary member of Team Hope, but he blew in first (from our Team Hope family) with a fantastic time of 26 minutes.  Wow.  
The first official member of Team Hope over the finish line was Steven, rolling in just seconds before Lee (in back of pic).  I was too busy trying to get my phone to work to get a decent picture of any of them, I'm really happy that Gina was johnny on the spot with the pictures.  She is handier than a pocket on a shirt.  

Here's Hallie.  She collapsed on the side and proceeded to toss her cookies.  It was a proud moment for me, and not at all embarrassing for her.  Did I tell you it was a whopping 44 degrees?  Yes, it's been 70 every morning, until the minute we try to run, then it drops to the 40's.  What is up with that?
Lacey's training partner and her daughter came rolling in and I was super impressed that the little gal just ran like the wind the whole way.  
Laynie's birthday buddy, and my sweet friend, Amy Astle came rolling in next .. that girl is my hero.
Amy's husband, John was right behind her, and he is quite the stud himself.  
The Astle's brought some friends, and they would have all had on Team Hope tshirts, had someone (me) not left their shirts on the table.  Yes, I'm quite cool that way.
Lacey ran her first 5k (she always just plans and coordinates the Wings to fly run that happens every year in El Reno, so she was pumped (cough) to get to run in this one.  She did fantastic.  She makes me almost want to run.  Almost.  Ok, not really, but Almost. 

Short britches won her age division.  
Semi short britches took 2nd in his age division.
 Not short britches at all won 1st in her age division.  The dude handing her her ribbon added, "Dang, you are tall". 
John won 3rd in his age division...that's amazing, lots of great runners there. 
Lee took 3rd in his age division (Grandpa) !!
So proud of him!
He also won 1st place in small boy wrangling and I did appreciate that. 
 I especially love this one of Lacey getting started, and Austin's little cowboy hat shining on her hip! 
And I guess I win the award for "Best Kleenex provider" and yeller at the finish line.

It was a great day, and I am anxiously awaiting to hear how much was raised for Kannon at the run.
They raised over $10,000 at the golf tournament and I'm hoping beyond hope they raised enough to get the van and the things he needs (and the things Kelli and Zach need) to provide for him.


Great Showing TEAM HOPE!  maybe one day it won't be freezing conditions.  

Nah, probably not. 









 



No comments:

Post a Comment