Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just a cruisin'

I have been dreaming about this next week for well over a year.  When I started at FDLIC last year (voted one of the 10 BEST companies to work for in Texas) (and as far as I'm concerned, one of the BEST companies to work for in OKLAHOMA too).... they had just announced the 2014 INCENTIVE trip.

A Cruise.

A 7 day cruise.

With stops in Cabo San Lucas, and Puerto Vallarta.

SEVEN, count them, SEVEN days.

I was going to win that no matter what it took.

And by golly, miss molly, I did.

I invited my Lacey along, because outside of our trip to Haiti (where she was all kinds of crazy sick), we really haven't gotten to travel together, alone, anywhere.


This was on my computer today.  4, four, 1..2..3..4 days I am flying on a plane to Los Angeles, getting on a very big boat, and hitting the seas with my firstborn.

I AM PUMPED.

No volleyball.  No work.  No vietnamese children.  No dog.  Just me, my eldest, and the wide open seas.

I AM PUMPED.

From what I understand, I can't make phone calls.  I did, of course, buy internet service, so I can keep up with everyone via email and facebook.  I will also be blogging about the whole cruise experience, since this is my VERY FIRST ONE EVER.   Yes, I am lame.

Crown Princess.  7 Days.  Lacey and me, and a new white hat. 

And some new flipper floppers.    Now all I need is a good pedicure.


Mainly what we are going to do is finish Laynie's book.  We are finally together, with no interruptions (except for swimming and laying in the sun, and massages, and excursions, and...and...and..) and we are finally going to put the finishing touches on this book.  I have needed Lacey's critical eye on this, and together we will get it done by the end of this week.

FINALLY.  I have to tell you, reading through those last few weeks of Laynie's life, has always been really hard on me.  I was in a supernaturally powerful place with God during that time, able to write what was happening and really sitting in God's pocket, taking comfort from His strength, watching Lacey be the strongest I have ever seen her.....it's going to be a journey for Lacey & I.. spiritually and physically.

I CAN not WAIT.

It's time to bring it completely full circle, and share her story with the world.

Now if I just don't fall overboard, it should be the perfect vacation.  

Bon voyage!!! and I will be blogging the whole time!!!!!    Let the adventure begin!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my stars! Lucky you! Have a wonderful time!! Home just in time for the wedding!
    Love you.
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete